Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

9 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

At what point does me voicing opinions on a forum, become giving my time to gabby?

If I had 'literally no time' for someone, I wouldn't be posting and discussing them in the Internet. If/when gabby scores for villa... What do you do? Do you not celebrate and say 'I have no time for the person who scored this goal', do you celebrate and just deny any knowledge of gabby doing his best to help out the team? I just can't imagine having 'literally no time' for anything villa related! 

18 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

If I had 'literally no time' for someone, I wouldn't be posting and discussing them in the Internet. If/when gabby scores for villa... What do you do? Do you not celebrate and say 'I have no time for the person who scored this goal', do you celebrate and just deny any knowledge of gabby doing his best to help out the team? I just can't imagine having 'literally no time' for anything villa related! 

Tbh, when he came on v blues I lost interest in the game and didn't really watch. And when he came on v Blackburn I stopped looking at the updates. 

I'm discussing it because the discussion is there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

Tbh, when he came on v blues I lost interest in the game and didn't really watch. And when he came on v Blackburn I stopped looking at the updates. 

So if Gabby was taking the fifth penalty at Wembley in the promotion playoff final you would not be interested?

7 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Cannot get my head round this stance at all. One person is FAR, FAR from being bigger than the  club.

3 hours ago, Hoof hearted said:

I've posted multiple times why I don't like him, but unlike this thread I'm not going to repeat myself over and over but to save you from looking and us toing and froing with comments; he's shit.

Hey I'm with you on that mate.

• Like 1

I see the Gabby debate still smoulders on, much like the Westwood thread. 

Gabby's been a complete clearing in the woods, no doubt about it. But if he's willing to make amends and contribute to the team, and the manager deems him worthy of another go, then why not accept that? It would take some exceptional performances to get most fans back onside. But if and yes it's a big if, he does actually deliver this year, surely it's what we all want as fans? A player in claret and blue, giving his all for the cause and helping us achieve success. 

Its time to get behind the team now and be positive in our support, who knows what might happen. I'm not going to back myself into a corner by saying I'll never support him. If he scores the winner in the play off final, I'd quite like to celebrate and be happy. Not stubbornly sit there refusing to acknowledge it. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

So if Gabby was taking the fifth penalty at Wembley in the promotion playoff final you would not be interested?

As it stands, no I wouldn't. His involvement, which I never ever thought would truly come about, has genuinely alienated me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

As it stands, no I wouldn't. His involvement, which I never ever thought would truly come about, has genuinely alienated me. 

Fair enough, I respect a honest answer. I hope that if that scenario should occur, that in time your feelings should soften if only for the fact that as a villa fan you deserve to celebrate the success. Its what being a football fan is all about. I will leave at that my fellow fan.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

So, you're putting a dislike of Agbonlahor as having more importance to you than your support of Aston villa. Again, I can't get my head round it and to be quite frank, I'm absolutely astonished by it.

4 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

So, you're putting a dislike of Agbonlahor as having more importance to you than your support of Aston villa. Again, I can't get my head round it and to be quite frank, I'm absolutely astonished by it.

It's not about whether I dislike gabby or not.... its about what image Aston villa as a whole show me. I'm as angry with villa for not sacking him as I am owt else.

Football has become a very soulless sport and we're adding to that here imo.

3 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

It's not about whether I dislike gabby or not.... its about what image Aston villa as a whole show me. I'm as angry with villa for not sacking him as I am owt else.

Football has become a very soulless sport and we're adding to that here imo.

That's fair enough and at least you've added meat to the bones of why you are so alienated.

i don't share your opinion, but at least we both have sensible stance on it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Woodytom said:

I don't really get this. You're basically highlighting that other people's approaches are an excuse for the failings and behaviours of another individual.

Your last paragraph says it all, and how much of a part fans play imo, in allowing players to become untouchable.

I can't be sure to what extent, but there is no doubt that as club captain, gabby was a massive failure and played a part in an unbelievably woeful season. last season shouldn't have happened the way it did regardless of the environment. The players need to be held accountable for such a disgraceful showing......... now, because here is where my issue is. You want to label gabby a 'hero' if he plays a part in us getting promoted. My word.....  This is simply bizarre imo.

How on earth can a player, whose failings assisted in us being in this position, be labelled a hero for putting us back to a position where we still might have been had he and the other major failings chosen to take their thumbs out their arses, stopped whinging about the approach of a fitness coach and **** performed?

Please tell me wtf I am missing that allows professional footballers to be so easily immune to taking personal responsibility?

top post

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Gabby has a point to prove as much as RHM has a point to prove.

I would much rather we are giving RHM the time on the pitch to prove he has got what it takes for this club than giving Gabby another shot.

Gabby at his best was fast, for the last few years he hasn't been and with the added weight and lack of footballing brain this has shown.

RHM is fast, he also has a footballing brain and during pre-season he looked brilliant. The kid is a younger version of Gabby and could potentially be better than him. I hope we don't go down the route of selling off a youth prospect just to give a player who has let us down for years be given another opportunity.

This for me is critical. GA is the past. I dont believe his Cameos are enough to get us promoted and therefore would rather see game time given to someone who *might* come good.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

This for me is critical. GA is the past. I dont believe his Cameos are enough to get us promoted and therefore would rather see game time given to someone who *might* come good.

Absolutely bang on the money- can we not just confine him to the past and move forward. Bruce needs to be careful - this has the all the hallmarks to bite him on the bum IMO

6 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

How dare you bring sense to the Gabby thread. Yellow card for you.

Â