Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

11 hours ago, Woodytom said:

No he hasn't but that's besides the point I'm about to make......

????

Really :lol:

RDM was shit this season and managed 1 win,  Sherwood and Garde gave us one of the worst premier league season's ever in the history of the competition!

Gaby's apology is a bit like

The Alcoholic who apologizes for beating the shit out of his wife "over the last few weeks" ignoring the fact that his irresponsible drinking over the last 5 years brought him to that point

Edited by Grasshopper

24 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Gaby's apology is a bit like

The Alcoholic who apologizes for beating the shit out of his wife "over the last few weeks" ignoring the fact that his irresponsible drinking over the last 5 years brought him to that point

So... he is being compared to a wife beating alcoholic?

1 minute ago, AJ said:

So... he is being compared to a wife beating alcoholic?

OK

He apologizes for his behavior over the last few weeks ignoring the ride he's taken us for the last 5 year

Is that better?

1 hour ago, KHV said:

????

Really :lol:

RDM was shit this season and managed 1 win,  Sherwood and Garde gave us one of the worst premier league season's ever in the history of the competition!

I'm not saying they were great I'm just saying that to say Bruce has achieved more already is a bit silly really. 

That's not to say Bruce won't achieve more in the future, possibly very soon in fact, but he isn't there yet.

Edited by Woodytom

29 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

OK

He apologizes for his behavior over the last few weeks ignoring the ride he's taken us for the last 5 year

Is that better?

So what you are saying that rather than him being an idiot, he has been scamming Villa for the past 5 seasons? Rather than making poor judgements, he has been intentionally causing harm to the club? If that's the case, he deserves my hatred too. He is worse than Delph!

Yes, that is better. You have totally convinced me, so I have bought my ticket for the Gabby hate train too. Begone, Satan!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AJ said:

Rather than making poor judgements, he has been intentionally causing harm to the club?

Intentionally is probably a bit strong.

Consciously however, without a doubt. he's known exactly what he's been doing and he's fully aware of the effect it would have on himself and the club.

Poor judgements? you've got to be having a laugh.

Edited by Woodytom

I simply want to say that if he helps us to promotion, that will be great, and fair play to him and Bruce.

But that is his job, and a job we pay him handsomely to do, and whatever he does now, I cannot and will not forgive his behaviour over the last few seasons.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AJ said:

So what you are saying that rather than him being an idiot, he has been scamming Villa for the past 5 seasons? Rather than making poor judgements, he has been intentionally causing harm to the club? If that's the case, he deserves my hatred too. He is worse than Delph!

Yes, that is better. You have totally convinced me, so I have bought my ticket for the Gabby hate train too. Begone, Satan!

great

what are you doing up so late

Genuine thought, At the risk of defending Flabby, short of walking through Aston naked while we throw bricks at him, what is he supposed to do now to redeem himself.

you are not allowed to say not be shit over the last 5 years, or he shouldn't have let himself go, that's like saying Westwood should have learnt to tackle, or Hutton learnt how to cross, Guzan learnt how to catch, Gestede to control a ball etc. 

How very depressing.  Just opened on topic and the first thread is this one and the second thread is Joey Barton.  So depressing as a villa fan to have the two most recent threads about these players

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

what is he supposed to do now to redeem himself.

Not possible. I'm genuinely not interested in forgiving him.

In the grand scheme of the world, his actions are far from criminal. I just literally have no time for him at all.

32 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Not possible. I'm genuinely not interested in forgiving him.

In the grand scheme of the world, his actions are far from criminal. I just literally have no time for him at all.

Not sure I do, but I don't see the difference between him and loads others. You could argue, at least at some stage in his villa career he made a positive contribution. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stratvillan said:

Not sure I do, but I don't see the difference between him and loads others. You could argue, at least at some stage in his villa career he made a positive contribution. 

I don't really have a lot of time for pro footballers at the best of times tbh. I think with gabby it's more than a little bit possible that he had a major negative impact on the whole team for years..... choosing which managers he wanted to work for and which others he didn't.... and influencing others accordingly. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Woodytom said:

No he's being compared to a wishy washy minimal apology that an alcoholic might make..... which is simply not good enough.

Hahah, as I said... I knew what the next steps would be, went from making the basal premise of the original post that "I have not even heard him apologise" to "|MINIMAL APOLOGY". LMAO!!! What is a MAXIMUM apology, how do we grade this?:clap:

However, I know that none of these things really matter, as you lot are just like Fox News for Republicans and CNN for Democratics.

Some of you just hate the guy and it wouldn't make a difference if he started farting rampant lions and AVFC badges.

It is actually kinda funny.

:crylaugh:

55039027.jpg

5 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

great

what are you doing up so late

Trying to grasp some understanding of this hatred of Gabby. He is no better or worse than a lot of players we have or had. As for the weight issue, it seems to be more a matter of ignorance and negligence on his part. It just seems that the hatred for him seems a little over the top, usually reserved for someone who chops the heads off kittens or firebombs children's parties. He plays for Villa, yet he is hated more than any opposition player. Despite how it seems, I don't think we have the full story to base such strong feelings towards him.

Apologies for the sarcasm before. I will try and curb it back. :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AJ said:

Trying to grasp some understanding of this hatred of Gabby. He is no better or worse than a lot of players we have or had. As for the weight issue, it seems to be more a matter of ignorance and negligence on his part. It just seems that the hatred for him seems a little over the top, usually reserved for someone who chops the heads off kittens or firebombs children's parties. He plays for Villa, yet he is hated more than any opposition player. Despite how it seems, I don't think we have the full story to base such strong feelings towards him.

Apologies for the sarcasm before. I will try and curb it back. :)

@AJ , fortunately, the bulk of the hate is reserved for a cult mostly based on VT, just looking at the reception he gets from fans at the stadium and over social media makes it evident it is more of a LOUD minority.

Â