Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Gabby at Wembley will be immense. Fingers crossed. Big pitch for him to eat up

I think this is overestimated a bit.

Wembley's pitch is exactly the same length as Villa Park's, albeit it is 3 yards wider.

All in all, it's not going to be much of a factor.

I've never played football to a high level, but I do wonder how much of a difference those 3 yards might actually make. Fine lines and all that.

Regardless, if we were playing over Richmond Park I'd want him fit. He and Benteke together will give Liverpool the shits.

It does make a difference.

Danny Higginbotham on Talksport was remarking how when Stoke came on Pulis seriously narrowed the pitch at the Britannia from even what it was at championship level so opposition teams couldn't get behind Stoke and they could close down the opponents quickly. Stoke only lost 4 at home that season which was incredible for a newly promoted team but they couldn't do the same away from home where pretty much every pitch was comfortably bigger.

I often think our wide open pitch at VP has been a hindrance for us down the years.

Really? A shift every time he plays, even when he's not playing well. Ermm!

Putting a shift in is a reference to him working hard. It's not impossible to work hard but still have a bad game. Are you being pedantic on purpose? Ermm!

Putting a shift in is a reference to him working hard. It's not impossible to work hard but still have a bad game. Are you being pedantic on purpose? Ermm!
Weimann being the classic example

He's the perfect example. He runs his nuts off every game, seems to always look for the ball and you can see it hurts when things go wrong. He's still not good enough, but I respect him for at least trying.

Weimann being the classic example

He's the perfect example. He runs his nuts off every game, seems to always look for the ball and you can see it hurts when things go wrong. He's still not good enough, but I respect him for at least trying.

I think you must be agreeing with me really? Because I think Weimann runs his nuts every game as well, do I think he's good enough? No way. Does Gabby work as hard as Weimann ? IMO no way, is he good enough? Again In my opinion no way. Still curious how Gabby is cut so much slack, compared to say Weimann for example, when the reality is that their is nothing between them.

Gabby has a better goal-to-game ratio than Andi but we're talking 1 in 4 rather than 1 in 5... so it's still pretty bad.

Gabby brings much more to the the table, he works well with Benteke and he causes problems when he is on form. Wiemann has been shit week in week out for 3 years

Gabby>Andi.

And I like Andi.

What is it you like about Andi just out of interest, I think he is one of the worst players we have in the squad personally but that's just my opinion of course

Gabby>Andi.

And I like Andi.

What is it you like about Andi just out of interest, I think he is one of the worst players we have in the squad personally but that's just my opinion of course

Good question. Honestly, I think Andi could do well played consistently in his natural position alongside someone like Benteke. He seldom plays in his most natural position and his skill set is definitely not suited to being wide of a front 3 or more recently wide in a 4-5-1.

Â