Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

He actually has a white Aston Martin now as the Lambo was costing him a fortune!

Imagine having to do that. And they say the recession is over, poor bloke.

It wasn't a lamborghini sesto element though, I doubt he'd struggle to afford any other lambo on his wages unless he is extremely bad with money

It wasn't a lamborghini sesto element though, I doubt he'd struggle to afford any other lambo on his wages unless he is extremely bad with money

Veneno Roadster. Dearer than Sesto /smugmode :P

Is that the model he had, looked like an Aventador on his keek

Is that the model he had, looked like an Aventador on his keek

No, he didn't have a Veneno. I'm saying he wouldn't afford one of those either! €3.3m (or £3.3m if you believe some articles).

Yeah, they have made some very expensive and very desirable one offs/very limited production models. I'm just confused he found the costs hard to handle on a car he could buy outright after about 7 weeks wages after he's been taxed.

Nobody suggested he couldn't afford it, merely that it was choosing him a fortune. That's the sign of someone who's not reckless with money IMO

He should of forecast the ownership costs before buying it, so it is reckless to a degree

In the sun today saying he really wants to play for England and will try to improve over the season to get on the plane to rio

Won't happen. Roy Hodgson doesn't know Aston Vlla exist.

If Gabby scores more than 10 goals this season from the LF position and we finish top 10, Roy will pick him. Same with Delph. 

In the sun today saying he really wants to play for England and will try to improve over the season to get on the plane to rio

Sadly, the cynic in me agrees.

The cynic in me is largely me though.

If Gabby scores more than 10 goals this season from the LF position and we finish top 10, Roy will pick him. Same with Delph. 

Didn't he do that last season and Roy still didn't pick him. I think he's way down in the pecking order and would have do something sensational to get into the world cup squad.

Gabby will never get into the England squad under Hodgson, no matter what he does. If he wasn't prepared to pick him a little while ago when most of the established England forwards were injured then he'll never call him up.

Edited by Mantis

I talked to him when he was on u21 duty in cork, went down to the game to see himself and Luke. Luke was the much more happier of the two and came and chatted with me when he was going off after the warm up, gabby just had his gabby head on but did pose for a photo.

I think welbeck needs to be decapitated before gabby gets a look in. When there was the striker injury problem, gabby probably deserved a call up, but overall he is too inconsistent for England (but then other players are a joke)

I think in terms of the defensive aspect of that wide role both Gabby and Welbeck do a good job.

In terms of technique Welbeck has a slight edge. And that's saying something, this has always been Gabbys downfall at international level.

Gabby is a much much more explosive player and would tear apart some defences in WC in a way that Welbeck wouldn't even attempt

Both are pretty inconsistent in front of goal. Overall he'd be a great option to have in a WC squad but I'd doubt Roy will work him in, as much as anything because he doesn't seem to rate him. There is no way Sterling is a better player right now for instance.

Â