Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Important to have him fit again but can't see him making much impact.

Of his 5 games this season, he's had 3 excellent games all away from home and the two home games he hasn't really made much impact apart from that poor miss against Newcastle.

Essential player for us in away games.

Yes he doesn't get the space to run into at home. Still a crucial player for us though. Needs a goal so does Weimann to get their season going

Not sure this will be a problem against Man City.

They wont be sitting back trying to absorb pressure against us.

This will actually be more like an away game, if Kozak is able to do a passable Benteke impression it may even play into our hands as we will be able to play more of a counter attack than we usually do at home.

Too often at home he has quiet games. Liverpool nullified him pretty easily and he did little against Newcastle apart from miss from 6 yards. Yet he's been excellent at Arsenal, Chelsea and also played well at Norwich.

On the balance for which he gives to the team and also his pace helping back when we have to defend (which didn't happen for some weird reason against Newcastle) I would always start him in away games and more often than not at home but I think Lambert needs to look at finding a consistent way to get some home wins and if it means Gabby not starting on occasions then I would back that decision.

Hmmm ok, was a little surprised by your comment. I think he's vital to us because of our lack of firepower, and am not sure if less so at home. We already have Andi who is not playing that well, but who has no quality back up. I'm not sure Gabby has either.

If Lambert feels the best way to beat Spurs in two weeks is to play Benteke upfront with Weimann in the hole and a 4 man central midfield of Sylla-Delph-Kea-Bacuna then I'm all for it as obviously Spurs major strength is in midfield.

Gabby would be available as an impact sub still.

Just saying he shouldn't always be an automatic starter as he actually hasn't scored a goal yet this season.

I do rate him btw!

If Lambert feels the best way to beat Spurs in two weeks is to play Benteke upfront with Weimann in the hole and a 4 man central midfield of Sylla-Delph-Kea-Bacuna then I'm all for it as obviously Spurs major strength is in midfield.

Gabby would be available as an impact sub still.

Just saying he shouldn't always be an automatic starter as he actually hasn't scored a goal yet this season.

I do rate him btw!

I think we probably will see something like that to be honest, although I'd personally prefer to see Gabby partnered with Benteke rather than Weimann based on current form.

The problem there is Gabby will probably hover out wide which will be a problem as Walker and Rose may not be great defenders but they don't lack pace so not sure Gabby could hurt them that much.

Weimann needs to be a bit more central really and I do think he can drop between midfield and attack and play the lines or whatever the coaching jargon is.

Not saying what worked against City will work against Spurs but I think a narrow midfield is a must just to watch Eriksen, Dembele and Paulinho. Not sure why Sylla didn' play today but he should come back in against Spurs.

I'd be interested to see what Lambert comes up with, that to me is a game where I'll be properly judging his managerial potential in. Twice in his reign Spurs have come to Villa Park, had a nice little knock about and kicked in 4 goals past us. I really don't want to see that again nor Lambert lazily just playing the usual 4-3-3 at home and just hoping it clicks.

I see people have mentioned Gabby has yet to score but Weimann has and he has been **** shite this season. Gabby has been one of our best players this season and to suggest that he is dropped and Weimann is played in the hole against spurs is ludicrous. 

Â