Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I can see why Lambert got picked ahead of him, on the basis that he's played up front more in recent times. However, its laughable that the likes of Welbeck, an injured Defoe and Zaha get picked ahead of him. Does 12 goals in a side that struggled last year, not warrant an England call up?? 

Gabby is definitely good enough for England - Question is are England good enough for Gabby.

Let's face it guy's n' gals, This is possibly the worst England side in living memory. The rest of the world must be laughing their socks off at us at the moment because let's face it we're really shocking aren't we? A total embarrassment in fact. We can't get the ball, keep the ball or pass it. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if we fail to qualify for Brazil next year.

Obviously I hope we do because it will totally ruin next years Summer if we don't but I'm not ruling it out.

One things for certain, if we don't qualify, our football definitely won't be missed.

The other problem's you face when pulling on the 3 lions shirt is that you've every chance of being tapped up in the dressing room & having your head turned & worse still you also run the risk of getting a long term injury in some mickey mouse friendly (England v Scotland excepted)

Gabby for England???????????????????  Yes. But definitely no.

Gabby is definitely good enough for England - Question is are England good enough for Gabby.

Let's face it guy's n' gals, This is possibly the worst England side in living memory. The rest of the world must be laughing their socks off at us at the moment because let's face it we're really shocking aren't we? A total embarrassment in fact. We can't get the ball, keep the ball or pass it. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if we fail to qualify for Brazil next year.

Obviously I hope we do because it will totally ruin next years Summer if we don't but I'm not ruling it out.

One things for certain, if we don't qualify, our football definitely won't be missed.

The other problem's you face when pulling on the 3 lions shirt is that you've every chance of being tapped up in the dressing room & having your head turned & worse still you also run the risk of getting a long term injury in some mickey mouse friendly (England v Scotland excepted)

Gabby for England???????????????????  Yes. But definitely no.

I'd like us not to qualify as I think Hodgson is no good for England, bad selections, bad tactics, bad all over. He has his favourites and that's that. I'd have preferred Redknapp even if he is a bit of an arse...

Bit OT but had to comment.

Gabby will score 15+ this year if he stays injury free.

In all comps? If just the league you are dreaming

He scored 8 goals in 15 games this year (2013). You obviously don't rate him but in reality if we have two halves of this season like the second half of the last one then 15 is a real possibility.

• Like 1

People have been saying that about Gabby for years, and EVERY time he lets the side down

He doesn't have two good halves of a season, plain and simple. If he gets 10 league goals that'll be about as good as it gets sadly

People have been saying that about Gabby for years, and EVERY time he lets the side down

He doesn't have two good halves of a season, plain and simple. If he gets 10 league goals that'll be about as good as it gets sadly

He had 2 good halves last time the club had a good season. Anyway, he's now coming into his prime (26 years old) playing under a better coach with a better player leading the line than he's ever had before.

Gabby is one of us and ill back him till the cows come home but in saying that I honestly believe that the team playing more attacking football with benteke and Weimann and a AM give gabby just that little bit of space where he will use his speed and strength to his advantage.

Gabby and Weimann will get 15 plus and benteke 20 plus

Gabby is one of us and ill back him till the cows come home but in saying that I honestly believe that the team playing more attacking football with benteke and Weimann and a AM give gabby just that little bit of space where he will use his speed and strength to his advantage.

Gabby and Weimann will get 15 plus and benteke 20 plus

Utter nonsense. We'd win the league if they got those figures. Manure's top 3 combined last season scored 48. People say I don't like Gabby. This isn't true. Just because I take off the C&B goggles and can say, clearly upsetting many, that he isn't a top level striker. He doesn't have the numbers to back it up, almost 1 goal in 4 games is slightly better than average( cue arguments about being played out of position, injury etc etc), he has a bad habit of inconsistency, will have half a good season, go on long droughts etc. I think there's a reason he hasn't had more England call-ups and it's not because I've slated him a few times on a Villa website.

P.S. I was thinking about having Benteke AND Weimann as 2 of my 3 strikers in fantasy. I think Weimann will outscore Gabby this season and is 1m cheaper yet only scored 12 points less.

Utter nonsense. We'd win the league if they got those figures. Manure's top 3 combined last season scored 48. People say I don't like Gabby. This isn't true. Just because I take off the C&B goggles and can say, clearly upsetting many, that he isn't a top level striker. He doesn't have the numbers to back it up, almost 1 goal in 4 games is slightly better than average( cue arguments about being played out of position, injury etc etc), he has a bad habit of inconsistency, will have half a good season, go on long droughts etc. I think there's a reason he hasn't had more England call-ups and it's not because I've slated him a few times on a Villa website.

P.S. I was thinking about having Benteke AND Weimann as 2 of my 3 strikers in fantasy. I think Weimann will outscore Gabby this season and is 1m cheaper yet only scored 12 points less.

I really do not want to hear what you think of the rest of our squad then, outside of Benteke.

Just because I take off the C&B goggles and can say, clearly upsetting many, that he isn't a top level striker. 

I don't think ANYONE thinks he is a top level striker.

• Like 1

Just because I take off the C&B goggles and can say, clearly upsetting many, that he isn't a top level striker.

I don't think ANYONE thinks he is a top level striker.

I don't even think he's an outright striker, but in the formation Lambert has us playing, he suits the left sided forward role perfectly.

Â