England Euro 2012 23 man squad

EastEndVillan

I think we should take our best squad possible.

Do not consider age or past failures or future tournaments.

Let's take our best possible squad that will give us the best chance of winning Euro 2012.

Let's take our best possible squad that will give us the best chance of winning Euro 2012.

Take the best squad possible? well obviously. Is that you Alan Shearer?

Take the best squad possible? well obviously. Is that you Alan Shearer?

Some people think we should write off the tournament and leave out all the old guard to focus on Brazil 2014 and Euro 2016.

If Hodgson wants to pick Terry and Ferdinand he should. They are both adults and should be able to deal with any potential problems. As long they are professional on the pitch thats all that matters.

That's the problem Voinjama and the Dutch are usually the best example of it. It is not enough to just be professional on the pitch. Most of their time is spent off the pitch. If there is disharmony in the camp then they're going nowhere. If you split the camp then you've already failed. It is much better not to risk it. I'd be amazed if someone as experienced in all of this as Hodgson is, still decided to pick both of them.

Pretty much. Seen so many squads without Lampard. Baffling.

Well if there is straight choice between the 2, I believe Terry will get picked because of his superior performances this season. But if Ferdinand does not make the squad, in his own mind he will believe it is because Terry is in the squad. And so this will make the situation between the 2 of them worse. "I am not in th squad because of Terry, rather then footballing reasons". And those in the squad who are backing Ferdinand will also not be happy that he is not in the squad because of Terrys presence in it.

It is a very tricky situation, and maybe the court case should of been before.

Anyway Lescott, excluding yesterdays performance is now better then them both. Possibly Cahill too, really impresseed against Barcelona.

Well if there is straight choice between the 2, I believe Terry will get picked because of his superior performances this season.

Ferdinand has probably been the better player over teh season especially playing with a player like Evans

3 into 2 does not go. For the right back slot, Glen Johnson, Kyle Walker or Micah Richards wont be on the plane to Ukraine.

think i read Walker is a major doubt but i wouldnt bring Johnson he isnt even best English right back at Liverpool

Yep I have read that also. And apparently Rio says it is because of the Terry thing, which it is.

So as I stated earlier, this will make the Ferdinand Terry situation worse. Those in the squad backing Rio will now have issues with Terry.

What a mess.

BREAKING NEWS: England are set to leave out Rio Ferdinand from their Euro 2012squad, while Kyle Walker has been ruled out with a toe injury.

You're a bit late, check the 2 posts above yours. :winkold:

Â