All-Purpose Religion Thread

mjmooney

49 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I know 3 people that were told to get their affairs in order because they only had a certain amount of time left ( one of them was my brother ) and in all 3 cases they all accepted it after an initial period of worry ( thats not exactly the right word )

Yeah, I've heard that people in this position become very calm and accepting. Maybe more traumatic for their loved ones than them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, luckyeddie said:

Yeah, I've heard that people in this position become very calm and accepting. Maybe more traumatic for their loved ones than them.

If you stand back and look at the big picture.You have no choice except to accept it,so the sooner you accept it the better for everyone concerned.IMHO.

• Like 1

Facebook ad just suggested I might like to buy one of these

MYFAYTHE is a unique jewelry collection that merges cutting-edge technology with stunning design and deep meaning.

At the centerpiece of the MYFAYTHE collection is our special nanochip, onto which the entire KJV Bible is engraved - over 3.1 million letters.

Every piece in the collection contains this unique nanochip, so you and your loved ones can keep the word of God close to your heart at all times.

Ten quid. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

You don’t have to follow a religion to believe in a god . 

True, but that then makes me wonder how someone who has had no reading or influence from religion can even begin to think there might be something called a God. Even without believing in a main stream religion, one's own definition of a God and how that affects them could be deemed as their own religion.

14 minutes ago, brommy said:

True, but that then makes me wonder how someone who has had no reading or influence from religion can even begin to think there might be something called a God. Even without believing in a main stream religion, one's own definition of a God and how that affects them could be deemed as their own religion.

Is it really that far fetched to believe a power greater than ourselves created the universe? I think one can separate the belief of a creator from religious dogma . 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Is it really that far fetched to believe a power greater than ourselves created the universe? I think one can separate the belief of a creator from religious dogma . 

After serious consideration of your question I can honestly answer - 100% yes. I think it's far fetched to think the universe was created by anything anyone might consider a god or creator. Unless some are stretching their definition of god to matters physical such as energy, mass, dark matter and such.

9 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Is it far fetched to believe a million foot pink effigy of Marie Antoinette created the universe? It sounds ludicrous but just as likely as an imaginary higher power you suggest. 

• Like 1

Let's say I die now and I've been a good enough boy to go to heaven.

I only have my Nan and Grandad, cat and maybe Peter Whittingham if he'll be my friend for company.

I have to watch my son grow up without me and possibly be raised by another bloke.

I have to wait 20-50 years for other loved ones to die so I just sit there twiddling my thumbs for that time (do they get new release films and games up there?).  

When my wife gets there she loves another bloke and when my son gets there he doesn't know me.

How is that heavenly!?

Edited by Wainy316

• 1 month later...
Â