General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Why do I keep reading this rubbish about warnock, dunne and Collins needing to be controlled or put in their place.

Warnock was dropped completely by houllier and all we've heard is an Internet rumour. While he's made mistakes this season he has worked hard and played in what ever position he has been asked to do.

Dunne and Collins after a few drinks lost their rag. Not professional but also not the worst crime. The defence was shocking and the manager refused to address it, I can see why they were frustrated.

And dunne was happy to risk his fitness at the euro's to try and help us stay up.

I don't believe any of them have a real reputation for being trouble makers at previous clubs yet according to some on here it's like we've got 3 Joey Bartons running wild in the squad.

Robin Dutt be an interesting choice, did a very good job at Freiburg and signed some lad called Papiss Cisse. His Leverkusen team got ripped apart at Camp Nou but they did beat Chelsea.

The defence was shocking and the manager refused to address it, I can see why they were frustrated.

Strange comment. The defence was shocking because of those two (along with Warnock and Hutton).

All three of them (along with Hutton) are absolutely shit. They all need to be shipped out ASAP.

Strange comment. The defence was shocking because of those two (along with Warnock and Hutton).

Not really. We went from one of the best defensive records to one of the worst and houllier openly refused to address the situation.

Them needing replacing is something I agree with. However I see little evidence to suggest we need a manager who can control them or put them in their place.

Not really. We went from one of the best defensive records to one of the worst and houllier openly refused to address the situation.

if went from best defense to one of the worst, players should be blamed instead of Houllier and Eck. If they going to get praised for great defense they should be slaughtered for being poor

Them needing replacing is something I agree with. However I see little evidence to suggest we need a manager who can control them or put them in their place.

Actually, Houllier said he couldn't do anything about the defence until that summer. There's a difference between refusing to do something and not being able to do something. Looks like he was right, as under the next manager the defence continued to be just as shit. I hate McLeish more than anyone but he was not the only reason for the shambolic defending last season. The biggest culprits were Warnock, Dunne, Collins and Hutton. Unfortunately neither McLeish nor Houllier actually dropped them, although Houllier to his credit did drop Warnock for a very large part of the season.

No, we don't need a manager who can control them - we need a manager who will get rid of them or at the very least not play them.

Actually, Houllier said he couldn't do anything about the defence until that summer. There's a difference between refusing to do something and not being able to do something. Looks like he was right, as under the next manager the defence continued to be just as shit. I hate McLeish more than anyone but he was not the only reason for the shambolic defending last season. The biggest culprits were Warnock, Dunne, Collins and Hutton. Unfortunately neither McLeish nor Houllier actually dropped them, although Houllier to his credit did drop Warnock for a very large part of the season.

No, we don't need a manager who can control them - we need a manager who will get rid of them or at the very least not play them.

Actually, Houllier said the defence's problems were down to them playing a zonal system, all the fault of...you've guessed it, Martin O'Neill. He said he wouldn't change this four year "habit" until the summer. I recall thinking at the time, "Why the hell not?" It was one of his many crazy statements as his chaotic "management" of Villa started to fall to pieces. The team plays the way the manager tells them, right?

In any event, his claims looked a bit pale when you consider that in 2009-10 Villa's defence conceded 39 league goals, the 4th best defensive record in the PL. Houliier was on his way to delivering a record of 59 league goals conceded, so 20 more than 12 months before with basically the same defenders but with the bonus of one of the best right backs we've had for a while!

At least Mcleish managed to pull the defence back a little way from that - "only" 53 conceded - but this is one of the major areas that needs to be addressed by our next manager, along with the problem of, er, scoring hardly any goals.

Can you explain to me how he openly refused to address the situation?

Randy to fly in again on Tuesday? Could we have a manager soon ? I bloody hope so
Hmmm.

Martinez to give a press conference on Tuesday announcing his decision about his future... :detect:

Please make it so.

All those wondering "why Martinez?" since he's done nothing but keep Wigan up....

.... our last manager has a track record of sending teams down, so it's at least a step in the right direction :winkold:

Why do I keep reading this rubbish about warnock, dunne and Collins needing to be controlled or put in their place.

Where have you been

They've all been a disgrace to the shirt

The balance of speculation on twitter

Difficult to hold credibility when you open a post with that

I'm not sure you are in any place to comment following some of the stuff you've posted. The other day you were posting info you picked up over hearing some chap in Tesco's wearing a suit.