General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Allardyce hardly fits in with the compelling part of the Chairman's statement - we would survive though.
Yeah, that's true. Allardyce certainly doesn't match the whole "vibrancy" thing they seem to be going on about. I also get the impression they want a manager that plays decent football, and Big Sam is notorious for his crap football.

Still, after McLeish I'm not ruling anything out.

I wouldn't mind giving Nigel Adkins a chance.

Worked wonders at Scunthorpe and Southampton and is 'young ad dynamic' plus gettable.

I know he's just got so'ton up but I don't think he'd turn us down, Scunthorpe to villa in three years? He'd jump for it

....Interesting shout

but thats the sort imo

ps we don't want any damaged goods.

If Allardyce gets West Ham up I don't see why he'd want to come here without giving it a shot with West Ham first.

We're bigger than West Ham, but not by much. I don't think he'd see much more potential with us than there is at West Ham.

From another forum - but the Mccarthy thing was engineered by a bookie on talksport - within minutes of him being on air - money poured onto Mcarthy. Apologies if already posted - but hopefully that one will be long gone.

Randy jets in tommorow - and if you recall last year - by 5pm all hell was breaking loose - No from Rafa, Mclaren, yes/no , Martinez no ......(well you know the rest)

I expect VT to be running slow tommorow !

From another forum - but the Mccarthy thing was engineered by a bookie on talksport - within minutes of him being on air - money poured onto Mcarthy. Apologies if already posted - but hopefully that one will be long gone.

Randy jets in tommorow - and if you recall last year - by 5pm all hell was breaking loose - No from Rafa, Mclaren, yes/no , Martinez no ......(well you know the rest)

Does shit start to go down as soon as Randy rolls into town?

I seem to recall all that stuff happening over a period of days. Wasn't it Benitez on the Wednesday, McLaren on the Thursday, Martinez on the Friday and then McLeish the following week?

Also, is it true Randy said he's not doing anything until after the play-offs?

Why are people getting paranoid about all these crap managers?

If there is one thing our owner har learned, is the fact that he needs to listen to his fans. We control this game, as crowd numbers and revenue will painfully remind him.

Not that we will decide the perfect candidate, but all in all fans like ourselves can be very right in terms of many things. Choosing the manager is one of them, so to speak, as he will know perfectly well that Allardyce and McCarthy are not welcomed by us in any way.

Shooting for the stars : AVB, Ranieri or Capello (they would bring experience at the highest levels)

More realistic : Lambert, Martinez or Rodgers (largely unproven, but big potential)

(Fat) Dark horse : Rafa

Thats how I see it.

AVB might not be that wild, very very young manager alreday loaded and may want to prove a point in the premiership. He had success at Porto but the portuguese league is like the SPL and the club wants somebody young and ambitious. It might be a good project for AVB if there is some kind of backing. I think he is the sort of guy that would take a challenge too.

Having said all that Mick McCarthy will probably be in by friday :lol:

H&v said claret n blue scarf, so maybe an Ex west ham player/manager...

Di canio

Or

Dare i say- arry

If and its a big if - then that would suggest Curbishley - personally I think he should be our fallback plan. Not exciting - but Loyal, Long Term, and could get us mid table.

.....and he has a jack russel called vibrant !

I wonder if Faulkner is think - why the f***k did I say vibrant !

haha... season after season this happens...! People reading into all sorts of things based on scarfs and odds.

Most bookies take their odds down overnight to stop them being raped whilst they are sleeping. Nothing to see here... even if a manager comes massively in, like McCarthy, it only means some wally has foolishly placed £50 on him and it's the bookies just evening up their book.

Does shit start to go down as soon as Randy rolls into town?

I seem to recall all that stuff happening over a period of days. Wasn't it Benitez on the Wednesday, McLaren on the Thursday, Martinez on the Friday and then McLeish the following week?

Also, is it true Randy said he's not doing anything until after the play-offs?

Yeah your probably right. I am just hoping he jets in with Lambert in his suitcase - and signed when he clears customs !