General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

. MM has confirmed OGS was never the main target

No he has not CONFIRMED this at all. In his above post he says it is what he thinks.

Let's just leave it shall we. :!:

Big goss this morning is that Lambert has only ever been on a 12 month rolling contract with NCFC & it's up this week.

If that's true & he IS & has been the No 1 target all along then that MIGHT just be the reason for the delay.

A twelve month rolling contract means that at any point there is 12 months notice from either party. When he signed it does not matter as its rolling forward all the time so if we were to get Lambert it would potentially cost us a year of whatever Norwich are paying him.

A twelve month rolling contract means that at any point there is 12 months notice from either party. When he signed it does not matter as its rolling forward all the time so if we were to get Lambert it would potentially cost us a year of whatever Norwich are paying him.

There seems to be confusion over the 'rolling' bit of it. He signed a contract in May of last year. You wouldn't need to do that if it was constantly rolling. There is the chance that it is a contract that goes from May to May. And as it's May 29th, we might find out soon enough.

BBC reporting Liverpool are close on Rodgers, if so could pave the way for Martinez to stay at Wigan

Fixed!

Hence rumours there'll be a PC at the DWB where he makes an announcement?

There seems to be confusion over the 'rolling' bit of it. He signed a contract in May of last year. You wouldn't need to do that if it was constantly rolling. There is the chance that it is a contract that goes from May to May. And as it's May 29th, we might find out soon enough.

It could be rolling with a clause in it that states that the terms are renegotiated every 12 months. So in essence he is always under contract but there is a 12 month review of his pay and benefits!

Maybe he had a standard contract before signing a rolling one on May 29th? Which was why it was announced?

Again, that could be it too Richard. We simply don't know. But there's enough doubt not to assume that it's rolling without questioning it.

Maybe he had a standard contract before signing a rolling one on May 29th? Which was why it was announced?

Or maybe we don't know and we're cluthing at straws that have 'speculation' written down the side of them :)

I mentioned this to a Spurs mate of mine about 10 days ago actually and his response was "you can have him, the teams always die off during march anyway!"

I think Spurts fans believe Jose is destined for them

BBC reporting Liverpool are close on Rodgers, if so could pave the way for Martinez...

Strange that, they just bought Sigurdsson yesterday for a club record fee :?

Or maybe we don't know and we're cluthing at straws that have 'speculation' written down the side of them

I just went on what the Mirror article quoted from LAST May and Lambert's response to SSN with quotes.

As I posted a few pages back....

"Asked about the vague nature of the announcement and whether his new deal was a long-term contract or still a rolling 12-month deal, Lambert said on Sky Sports News: "I think that's the way it is at the minute. My job is to get players in to give the current group a hand and that's what I'll try to do."

I mentioned this to a Spurs mate of mine about 10 days ago actually and his response was "you can have him, the teams always die off during march anyway!"

I think Spurts fans believe Jose is destined for them

I read this morning somewhere and i can't mind were that AVB was being linked to them. Thought it strange as they had 'ur Harry'

Couple of things I think possibly MIGHT points matters in Lambert's direction apart from any ITKs -

1. He ain't been on his holidays like most managers - working up to end of contract renewal?

2. Lambert is the one candidate who hasn't been mentioned going anywhere else but Villa.

3. He's been the bookies favourite since day 1.