Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You asset strip before you sell, you dont pay a manager off and bring in another and pledge to give them money. No way are we selling anytime soon. It would be absolutely stupid of Lerner to spend even more of his money if he is selling his stake in the club.

Investment maybe but very doubtful.

We'll build steadily over next 5 years with a clear philosophy and after this short burst to energise our squad hopefully just invest sensibly over next few years.

Either that or we'll blow all our money this summer and be shit in 3 seasons time again.

We wont be bought out this summer though

Spot on, I don't think it will be a takeover either, just another stab at the "bright future".

Does that mean I will get a new scarf?

You asset strip before you sell, you dont pay a manager off and bring in another and pledge to give them money. No way are we selling anytime soon. It would be absolutely stupid of Lerner to spend even more of his money if he is selling his stake in the club.

Investment maybe but very doubtful.

We'll build steadily over next 5 years with a clear philosophy and after this short burst to energise our squad hopefully just invest sensibly over next few years.

Either that or we'll blow all our money this summer and be shit in 3 seasons time again.

We wont be bought out this summer though

Spot on, I don't think it will be a takeover either, just another stab at the "bright future".

Does that mean I will get a new scarf?

Maybe a flag and a collective stamp.

So glad the seasons over.

I just cant wear this seasons shirts without feeling resentment to what a shit campaign they both represented.

Really looking forward to next season though, shirts and all!

Who is Richard and what has he said?

Why is Richard's opinion valued so much. Is he a genuine ITK or someone who simply has thousands of posts?

He's a manic depressive when it comes to Villa to the point of annoying.

For him to be optimistic, there must be some seriously good news.

and as he is pretty cynical, he must be 100% confident of what he knows/has been told.

Finally, in the years on VT i've never known him to pretend to be ITK.

As awesome as a buy-out could be, surely we wouldn't be quibbling with Norwich over compensation if we were coming into money soon.

Exactly my thought. Think there's something going on behind the scenes, b ut not a takeover. Maybe investment. But the fact an old cynical like Richard, no offence, Rich, gives me a big hope for the future. I can't for next season to begin. UTV!!

Evening from Norwich

Dipped in & out of this thread over the last few weeks & thought I'd come back now you've officially got your man, if only to prove that not all NCFC fans are "bitter & deluded". :lol:

In my post yesterday I said that we were trying to keep Cully & Karsa but it seems they are following PL - dunno whether thats been officially confirmed yet or not

Not much point me wishing PL luck as he won't need it. When he first moved to Norwich he spoke about the potential because of the fanbase ("and when you have that you've always got a chance") and he'll no doubt say that about Villa too. With the backing of a man of Lerners means and his ability you could easily be top 4 within 3 years.

All that remains for me to say is see you on August 18th - inevitable isn't it :winkold:

Cheers

KA

Evening from Norwich

Dipped in & out of this thread over the last few weeks & thought I'd come back now you've officially got your man, if only to prove that not all NCFC fans are "bitter & deluded". :lol:

In my post yesterday I said that we were trying to keep Cully & Karsa but it seems they are following PL - dunno whether thats been officially confirmed yet or not

Not much point me wishing PL luck as he won't need it. When he first moved to Norwich he spoke about the potential because of the fanbase ("and when you have that you've always got a chance") and he'll no doubt say that about Villa too. With the backing of a man of Lerners means and his ability you could easily be top 4 within 3 years.

All that remains for me to say is see you on August 18th - inevitable isn't it :winkold:

Cheers

KA

This is more like the norwich fans I know. Very level headed and sensible.

Good luck fr your season. I've said before I hope Norwich stay in the prem for a long time.

Evening from Norwich

Cheers

KA

I can understand why some Norwich fans are bitter and twisted about the situation and they are venting their spleen on their forum just as we would if it happened to us.

Thank you for your sensible and logical posts and good luck to Norwich in 2012/2013 (except when you play Villa) and I hope that you get an adequate replacement for Lambert.

The Villa are back!

Who is Richard and what has he said?

Why is Richard's opinion valued so much. Is he a genuine ITK or someone who simply has thousands of posts?

He's a manic depressive when it comes to Villa to the point of annoying.

For him to be optimistic, there must be some seriously good news.

and as he is pretty cynical, he must be 100% confident of what he knows/has been told.

Finally, in the years on VT i've never known him to pretend to be ITK.

Time will tell, hey.

Evening from Norwich

Cheers

KA

Great post! :thumb:

Looks like Karsa is coming which is fab news as far as I'm concerned

from what Norwich fans have said. Fun, personable, football man through

& through. And has a great rapport with the fans.

Just what we needed. Been saying it for ages!

Evening from Norwich

Cheers

KA

Cheers KA.

Best wishes for the new season.

Who would you like to see come in as Lambert's replacement?

So some guy who is usually miserable is now happy therefore we are being taken over by some fictional arab group?

Only on Villatalk !!

QIA aren't fictional.

I had to snigger at that fictional tag, it's one of the dumbest things I've ever read on here.

Just for clarity, I don't think QIA are buying Randy out and never did. I do, however, believe the possibility that they may buy a stake.

Who knows, we may be playing our home games at the Qatar Foundation Stadium. The DE stand may become the al-Thani stand!

Richard, do you think we will sell Bent?
My post about backing him was just that, don't read anything into it that may or.may not be there

I just wanted to point out how much I back the guy, no need to set hares running quite yet!

Marlon's coming back :detect:

Yeah well done to the Norwich guys for coming on here and giving us another perspective. I happen to beleive Lambert though he had taken Norwich as far as he could - and if they get Chris Hughton in - I think that could work out better for them than having a fustrated PL at the helm.

With regards to the takeover - I thought mysterman said, at the very start of the manager hunt - that RL was at one point looking for a buyer - but couldn't find any. He now views his best approach was to make the club more attractive by building it up.

I can't believe a takeover is imminent - as PL wouldn't not have joined - knowing his bosses were soon to change. Yes I know MON did - but that deal was almost done at time MON joined.

I am expecting some solid type signings from PL - I know people talk of a clear-out of the deadwood - but there really isn't that much there now - Dunne\Collins\Warnock - but can't see many takers especially as they are probably quite big earners - and we don't have that many senior pro's - I can't really think of one position where we have cover in depth.