Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Norwich fans are missing some important info when claiming that Culverhouse and Karsa are not coming to Villa, which is that Lambert has not announced his backroom team yet. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a little strange if we're not getting his backroom team from Norwich as surely he would just go out and appoint, or at least try and appoint, these positions from coaches already on the market.

It's more a matter of when as opposed to if we will sign Culverhouse and Karsa.

Ah a rehash of sunderland all over again, a close close mate of mine is a sunderland supporter and he was desperate for us to go down last season.
I had a look on one of their message boards when Bent got injured and it's sad how jubilant they were about it.

Ah a rehash of sunderland all over again, a close close mate of mine is a sunderland supporter and he was desperate for us to go down last season.

yeah we dont have many friends in the North East now...

Newcastle fans absolutely despise us after the signs we made when we relegated them...

ive got 3 very close friends who are Geordies and they have to hold back their venom when they talk to me about Villa...

i got some serious abuse walking out of St James after we got thrashed 6-0...

probably shouldn't have had the same flag hanging out my jeans pocket though :winkold:

I agree.

I get the impression that we have found a new Coventry in the East of England.

To be fair, Norwich is much nicer than Coventry.

Then again, Beirut is nicer than Coventry.

I agree.

Contrary to popular belief, Beirut has got some nice parts.

I know, I've been there. That's why I said it.

However, may I clear they're contract doubts up. They don't expire on the 31st of this month, they're rolling contracts, ie. continuious

Pedant alert: June only has 30days.

Oh believe me I have, after all, we upgraded our gaffer! Wink

Never mind Wiz ....So far as someone posted the other day your predictions have been about as spot on as an imperial stormtrooper ....fighting the cause of a delusional Evil Empire headed by Darth McNasty Vadar.

May the force be with you!

I had a look on one of their message boards when Bent got injured and it's sad how jubilant they were about it.

Yeah, just like our fans laughing at Downing's lack of success.

Football fans are the same everyehere.

this is MatKendricks view on it all....

he is by MM's word one of the most ITK's around...

Aston Villa await decisions on backroom staff

Aston Villa will await with interest developments over the futures of Paul Lambert’s trusted backroom staff at Norwich.

Euro 2012 Betting Odds - Bet at Blue Square

Lambert would like to bring coaches and close confidants Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa with him to Bodymoor Heath.

But he is relaxed about the situation, providing his support team is in place in good time for pre-season on July 5.

Much could depend on what happens with the Canaries, where former Blues boss Chris Hughton was named as Lambert’s successor yesterday.

Hughton has taken his own staff to Carrow Road, including assistant Colin Calderwood, first-team coach Paul Trollope and chief scout Ewan Chester.

Norwich must now decide the futures of Culverhouse and Karsa, who were Lambert’s assistant and head of football operations respectively at the Canaries, having previously worked with him at Wycombe and Colchester.

Villa’s backroom team consists of first team coaches Gordon Cowans and Kevin MacDonald, goalkeeping coach Terry Gennoe, fitness coach Adrian Lamb, chief scout Paul Montgomery and chief medical officer Dr Ian McGuinness.

Lambert will meet his staff over the next week as well as moving from his home in East Anglia to the Midlands, with the new manager intent on wasting no time stamping his mark on the club.

Read More http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2012/06/08/aston-villa-await-decisions-on-backroom-staff-97319-31140281/#ixzz1xCzZZWry

I agree.

Contrary to popular belief, Beirut has got some nice parts.

I know, I've been there. That's why I said it.

Actually a few of us from Dubai go to Beirut for the odd weekend as it's an amazing party town with some awesome bars and clubs.

I did used to work in Coventry a few years back. Rubbish. Just rubbish.

Yeah, just like our fans laughing at Downing's lack of success.

Football fans are the same everyehere.

They take it to another level.

I have a suspicion we have a Saunders Mark 2 on our hands and I think some of the players may be in for a rude awakening.

I think PL will be ruthless in his pursuit of success, much like Saunders was and if he gets any kind of kind of notion that a player is happy with mediocrity, they will be history.

I remember a conversation in the Aero club when I was friendly with Andy Gray and Bobby MacDonald...Bobby called Andy over and said "Tell the lads Andy" has the Gaffa spoke to me in 3 weeks Andy replied "no"

Ron had his way, not saying its right.

The fact was Ron was only interested in winners, Bobby unfortunately in Rons eyes was a bit peripheral despite me liking the lad a lot.

PS For the old uns who are interested....was with Bobby recently at a mates 60th still looks as fit as a butchers dog.

Its a question of who has handbags with PL first

NZogbia Ireland Dunne Collins Bannan Herd or Warnock

Thankfully there will only be one winner this time

I have a suspicion we have a Saunders Mark 2 on our hands and I think some of the players may be in for a rude awakening.

I think PL will be ruthless in his pursuit of success, much like Saunders was and if he gets any kind of kind of notion that a player is happy with mediocrity, they will be history.

I remember a conversation in the Aero club when I was friendly with Andy Gray and Bobby MacDonald...Bobby called Andy over and said "Tell the lads Andy" has the Gaffa spoke to me in 3 weeks Andy replied "no"

Ron had his way, not saying its right.

The fact was Ron was only interested in winners, Bobby unfortunately in Rons eyes was a bit peripheral despite me liking the lad a lot.

PS For the old uns who are interested....was with Bobby recently at a mates 60th still looks as fit as a butchers dog.

Nice to know, was friends with Bobby when he was in the youth team, a

nice lad, god we got old quick.

Herd or Bannan...not really known as trouble makers are they??? They have had one incident each when they have been on the pop, but besides that have never heard anything that they cause trouble on the training ground...

Herd or Bannan...not really known as trouble makers are they??? They have had one incident each when they have been on the pop, but besides that have never heard anything that they cause trouble on the training ground...

CI your naive to think some of those players will get chance to play up. No doubt some of those won't play for us again.