Player of the season

Mr.Messy

Very surprised by the amount of love for Ireland. But then again, you lot watch Villa more then I do, so........

He has good spells, but there have been too many games where he simply did not do what he is capable of and looked lazy.

I'd give it to Carlos.

Pretty ridiculous when he's played what 15 games for us this season but he's been pretty good in most of them he's played including remember at left back against Man. City.

It would also be a bit of a fingers up at the club that our POTY would be leaving on a free at the end of the season....

I'd give it to Carlos.

Pretty ridiculous when he's played what 15 games for us this season but he's been pretty good in most of them he's played including remember at left back against Man. City.

It would also be a bit of a fingers up at the club that our POTY would be leaving on a free at the end of the season....

Actually go along with this!

Cuellar? The guy needs to get himself fit first. His whole time at the club has been plagued by a lack of fitness. McL wanted to bring him on against Stoke but he said he 'wasn't quite right.' When you see Terry playing with broken ribs, this type of thing pisses me off.

No way should he get a new contract.

Its easily Petrov POTY and Herd YPOTY.

Cuellar? The guy needs to get himself fit first. His whole time at the club has been plagued by a lack of fitness. McL wanted to bring him on against Stoke but he said he 'wasn't quite right.' When you see Terry playing with broken ribs, this type of thing pisses me off.

Did that actually come from Cuellar's mouth, to be honest I wouldn't believe anything that comes out of AM's mouth! Read all his pre-match conferences and then compare them to his post-match conferences and you'll gather what I'm getting at.

Did that actually come from Cuellar's mouth, to be honest I wouldn't believe anything that comes out of AM's mouth! Read all his pre-match conferences and then compare them to his post-match conferences and you'll gather what I'm getting at.

Well it was comments from the manager on the OS. I just think in the situation we're in injury-wise, it would be nice to see our senior players busting a gut to help out/playing through the pain barrier. Especially if they're out of contract in the summer.

Like I said I would not believe a word that comes out from Alex McLeish, Cuellar was on the bench, if he was not fit why place him on the bench. Bottom line is if he wanted to hold out for a 1-0, he could have bought Cuellar as everyone in that stadium knew how Stoke would score.

it would be nice to see our senior players busting a gut to help out/playing through the pain barrier. Especially if they're out of contract in the summer.
Though it would be nice, from the point of view of a player who knows he's moving on at the end of his term; why risk aggrevating an injury and potentially jeopardise any deals that are lined up? I'm not suggesting that the likes of Cuéllar (with the level of commitment he's shown throughout his time with us) won't give their all, but I think we'd be hoping for too much to expect them to push through each and every niggle.

it would be nice to see our senior players busting a gut to help out/playing through the pain barrier. Especially if they're out of contract in the summer.
Though it would be nice, from the point of view of a player who knows he's moving on at the end of his term; why risk aggrevating an injury and potentially jeopardise any deals that are lined up? I'm not suggesting that the likes of Cuéllar (with the level of commitment he's shown throughout his time with us) won't give their all, but I think we'd be hoping for too much to expect them to push through each and every niggle.

Good point but when they're on 40k a week and we're near the bottom of the table, I do expect that extra bit of effort. Unrealistic, but hey ho.

Many may well disagree buy i'd go for Chris Herd.

I get the Ireland shouts but for me he could still do more, I expected him to chip in with more goals and we're yet to see the player that was so liked by many City fans. Ireland will always be contested against what we know him to be able to do and what we consider as good performances from him in our current plight.

For me, Chris Herd came into the team, anyone saying they weren't apprehensive is lying. I don't think he's ever really let us down, he puts in the tackles and he's matured a lot as a player to the level where I feel he is missed in our line-up. He deserves to be discussed imo.

Â