Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely SWP is an possible option. SSN are reporting today that he could be one his way back to Man City or go to West Ham. Surely we have a realistic chance of signing him if he is interested in moving elsewhere.

He is probably going to cost £10 million, Is he really twice the player Milner is.

Give me Milner any day of the week. MON will make him a better player.

He has got that little bit of extra quality that costs more because it is less abundant! eg. Is Ronaldinho twice as good as Rooney? One will cost £70m the other around £35m but he ain't twice as good.

Just a question on transfers. Is it allowed for 2 clubs to meet an agreement and sign papers and the player to sign long before the window opens? And if it is, is it allowed for the clubs to make it official?

Just a question on transfers. Is it allowed for 2 clubs to meet an agreement and sign papers and the player to sign long before the window opens? And if it is, is it allowed for the clubs to make it official?

nothing to stop them all the rules do is make sure the player can't play for the new club until the window opens, he can still play for the selling club

So for many reasons this rarely happens, the player cant be registered until the window so technically he still belongs to the selling club. Of course the buying club can insist he isnt played but then they get a player in Jan who is lacking in match practice but should they play him to keep him match fit, he could get injured

The club wanting to buy will also not want it to be made public, to stop any other clubs coming in for the player they want.

West Ham made a private enquiry for SWP, its Chelsea who made it public.....it doesn't take a genius to figure out why.

nothing to stop them all the rules do is make sure the player can't play for the new club until the window opens, he can still play for the selling club

So for many reasons this rarely happens, the player cant be registered until the window so technically he still belongs to the selling club. Of course the buying club can insist he isnt played but then they get a player in Jan who is lacking in match practice but should they play him to keep him match fit, he could get injured

Yes, and let's say we make a deal with Charlton a couple of days or weeks before the window opens... That would make a strange situation. Surely he wouldn't be played. I would find it hard to play a player who's already done and dusted for another team in any game. Think his mind would be elsewhere, to say the least. So I think you're right in that it doesn't happen very often.

Well, they can prepare a draft but when the window opens it sometimes gets draughty and blows the draft away. :oops:

PS Now that we're on p 105, any chance we could add an s to "tranfer"?

Wouldnt mind a world class CM, a world class right winger, along with a world class striker. Along with the new Dylan cd, and maybe a bottle of Morgan.

Yes, and let's say we make a deal with Charlton a couple of days or weeks before the window opens... That would make a strange situation. Surely he wouldn't be played. I would find it hard to play a player who's already done and dusted for another team in any game. Think his mind would be elsewhere, to say the least. So I think you're right in that it doesn't happen very often.

Yeah but it does kinda happen when players contracts runs out and they sign agreements with a new club in January but doesn't start till July. Ok thats between the buying club and player and not club to club but still happens

Yeah but it does kinda happen when players contracts runs out and they sign agreements with a new club in January but doesn't start till July. Ok thats between the buying club and player and not club to club but still happens

Yes, I know. And it could cause some special situations. I mean, would you score against your next team if it meant they went down or missed the CL?

Surely SWP is an possible option. SSN are reporting today that he could be one his way back to Man City or go to West Ham. Surely we have a realistic chance of signing him if he is interested in moving elsewhere.

He is probably going to cost £10 million, Is he really twice the player Milner is.

Give me Milner any day of the week. MON will make him a better player.

He has got that little bit of extra quality that costs more because it is less abundant! eg. Is Ronaldinho twice as good as Rooney? One will cost £70m the other around £35m but he ain't twice as good.

The point your making is valid but thats a bad example on both fronts, I'd take Rooney over Ronaldinho and I think that Rooney (not for sale at any price) would cost nearer £60million than 35 and Ronaldinho (not for sale at any price) about the same.

BBC reporting:

Aston Villa want Blackburn's Lucas Neill. (Mirror)

Lucas Neill? Tough cookie and would be a great signing.

Lucas Neill at right back would be a very welcome addition, IMO.

Wouldn't cost too much either, I rackon. Didn't he almost go to the red scousers in the summer?