Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vanden Borre for right back?

He must be getting sick of playing in Belgium. Good youngster, work him in to be our new RB.

is he actually any good though, or you just basing that on football manager 2006? :winkold:

Well at least I feel confident that IF MON wants him, Chelsea will know of our interest soon enough. Location might mean we don't get him, but we wont be letting any more players slip by un-noticed.

Chelsea have confirmed West Spam have enquired about SWP :(
wouldn't have thought he'd go to them jez?

Shut it you ;)

Well he wouldn't have to move and is enjoying life in London so you never know ;)

I'm wondering. Does 2 winks cancel each other out, making this poster abuse ? :P :P :P

I agree Brian and for whats it worth if Chelsea show they want to sell i think SWP is one player i think we can get.

Could be a bit of a bidding war if that comes out and clubs like Spuds and West Ham showing interest it might rule us out because of the location issue.

However, i think he wants to play reguarly so a move would suite him.

just a quick pointer, i know that they all grew up together but may be something in it....... i saw defoe out on summer row in august with ridgewell & jlloyd samuel............. maybe nothin as i know they were all mates from playing for the same teams as kids.........

if chelski let SWP go, we should be in for him as we

I reckon SWP will chomping at the bit to join a small club who are struggling at the bottom of the table with a poxy no-mark manager.

Just because they've been taken over by the guy off Mastermind, doesnt mean they are an attractive option to anybody all of a sudden.

Players demanding to be based in London is a myth dreamed up by people from London and the (London based) media.

Its not like Birmingham is a little town in the hills is it?

Players are usually millionaires and like leafy subrbs close enough to the job. Birmingham is ideal for this.

Vanden Borre for right back?

He must be getting sick of playing in Belgium. Good youngster, work him in to be our new RB.

is he actually any good though, or you just basing that on football manager 2006? :winkold:

Football Manager 2007 actually. :winkold:

No, to be fair I have seen him play a couple of times and he seems like a very decent player. Likes to get forward ALOT. Young too...

Bridge signs new 4 year contract at Chelsea so that's one off many peoples list.

Oh dear, it seems someone is getting red carded!! :lol:

Have I missed something?

Someone (sm?) said that if Bridge didn't sign for us either in January or in the summer the Mods could ban him for life.

Guess I only have another few weeks on the site. :cry:

Football agents eh! :oops:

Is anybody aware of any updates about Villa's interest, if any, in Richard Stearman and Shaun Maloney ?

Also, does anyone have a view on Scunthorpe's Billy Sharp ? I thought he played a good game against us and I am sure MON can't have missed him either.

For my part I think we need a mixture in the Jan/Summer market, it will take time to build up at a team of any proportions.

So snap any young good kids like Maloney but try to stabilise/enhance the team with good pro's, not the mark kinsella's of this world but maybe oldies that can give our youngsters some coaching as well.

I mean like the Dublins of this world that not only bring something to the team but something to the dressing room because wehave so many kids at the moment that are good but need some wise heads to guide them, and not in the Hendrie way of guiding......

Don't get me wrong if quality comes along and they want to come to the Villa then snap them up, just wondering who is likely to be available in January, so short term experienced players would be a valuable addition if that's what MON wants.

In terms of foreigners vs british this is cost versus settling in scenario i.e. Darren Bent wouldn't cost so much if he was playing for a foreign team I wouldn't expect. Then also foreign players that look amazing that don't look so good here like Crespo, Veron, Luque etc. Very few actually do that well here

I trust MON and Lerner, it'll be nice to see what they do.