Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Klaas-Jan Huntelaar rumoured to be Villa target at all?

Only in some people's wishful thinking

I've been suggesting him for a while.

Not an unrealistic target.

Certainly not a target we're going to get.

Don't be so pessimistic! He's been linked with Newcastle and Celtic for crying out loud!

We're easily a more attractive option than them.

we've been linked with Jason Culina, im sure that will please the ozzie villains

A host of British clubs are understood to be considering a move for Australian Jason Culina in January.

PSV Eindhoven are ready to listen to offers for the combative midfielder with a fee of £1 million likely to be enough to land the 26-year-old.

Aston Villa, Bolton, Fulham and Portsmouth - along with Old Firm giants Celtic and Rangers - have been credited with an interest in Culina by Dutch sources.

Culina, who played every game for Australia at this year's World Cup finals, is at home in midfield - but can also play in defence, and his versatility is a likely attraction to any interested manager.

Culina's UK representative Dean Sheehan of Dolmans Solicitors, has backed his charge to make an impact in the British game - should he seal a move when the transfer window re-opens.

"Jason is perfect for the British game. He is quick, strong but also has great vision and creativity," Sheehan told skysports.com.

"He also works hard for the team which cannot be said of all creative players. If Jason is allowed to express himself, he will make a hatful of goals. I believe he can be a Steed Malbranque."

Pretty please learn how to use short links

Is Klaas-Jan Huntelaar rumoured to be Villa target at all?

No, he hasn`t(not that I know of at least). I know Newcastle wants him, but they`ve rejected any offer so far. However even if he is one of those up-and-coming stars I think Villa has a fair chance if our interest is serious. We have a name and a seriously improving technical organisation with a lot of potential within not too many years. K-J Huntelaar isn`t too old, and has still some things to learn, and it would be better for him to play in a sub top club where he`s going to get playing time rather than being benched on Chelsea or United.

Ajax has also become one of the biggest has-beens in European top football with a chronic problem of bad organising and their fans are very unhappy with their performance, and it`s a badly hidden secret that Ajax-players are among the most frustrated football players that exist, mostly due to their lack of being result oriented.

Now I might reveal that I`m also a PSV-fan, and I`d be super happy to see any key player being ripped off their squad...;-)

What do you think for Bojinov ?Juventus are ready to offload him and I think he will adapt qiuckly to Premiership.His price is about 7-8 million pounds,he is young and loyal,knows Stilian,in fact he is his idol.I think Martin O'Neill is the manager who can get the best of him.I know Arsen Venger was after him before he moved to Fiorentina but Valeri preferred to stay in Italy.So what's your oppinion?

If he becomes available, bigger clubs than us will be in for him. He will be going to a Man Utd/Chelsea/Milan/Lyon level of club, not a Villa level of club.

Simple as that.

Well I'm afraid I just don't agree with that.

Fair enough. I am willing to put a large amount of money on the fact that Huntelaar will not be a Villa player any time in the next 2 years :winkold:

If he becomes available, bigger clubs than us will be in for him. He will be going to a Man Utd/Chelsea/Milan/Lyon level of club, not a Villa level of club.

Simple as that.

Well I'm afraid I just don't agree with that.

Fair enough. I am willing to put a large amount of money on the fact that Huntelaar will not be a Villa player any time in the next 2 years :winkold:

Blimey, you're betting you're mortgage on 1 thread and 'a large amount of money' on the other.

Well, I'll take the money if your wrong :winkold:

If we don't sign him (which we probably won't) then it'll not be because we're not big enough for him. (IMO of course).

Blimey, you're betting you're mortgage on 1 thread and 'a large amount of money' on the other.

Well, you know....share the wealth and all that.

Put it this way, if we don't sign him (and I don't think we will) then it must be for one of the following reasons.

1) Martin O'Neill doesn't know about him

2) Martin O'Neill doesn't rate him/can't fit his style of play into our formation

3) We can't afford him

4) A bigger or better team wants him/he doesn't want to join Villa.

I would say that the most likely of those is the fourth one.

or the option you've left out

5) He thinks he can get someone better/more value for money.

6) Ajax won't sell

7) Schalke want him

The way that Karl Heinz Rumminegge put down German football the other day I doubt that they could entice even an Austrian with a little moustache and a silly haircut into the country never mind a quality footballer!