Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

The fact that we stayed level till the last minute IS by our recent standards... a cup run.

We were winning until the last minute. It was the replay that saw our usual capitulation.

Oh yeah. I remember now.

:(

Still... at least we were able to concentrate on the league form!

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Som epoints about some suggestions made earlier today.

Isaksson can very well become a far better keeper than Sörensen, and possibly already is. I'd like him, but there could be some upset in the dressing room. Neither Isaksson, nor Sörensen will like to be on the bench. Can't understan why one of the most promising keepers in the world, yes, in the world, he really is that good, is on the bench at Man City with Nicky Weaver between the posts. Ah, well, Stuart Pearce.

Further on I'd like to say that I strongly believe that Roca is right that Aimar wouldn't be a success in the PL. Maybe for a team like Arsenal or Man Utd, but hardly even there. Would be excited if we signed him, as he has got loads of talents and I'd really hope that he could make it for us, but don't think he will.

Bale for £10m or £9m plus JLS? Snap their hands. If you can say that when it comes to buying and not just selling. Anyway, I'd love him at VP.

And don't you just love it when some f**ker comes on to this site and post a shit rumour that wouldn't fool my mother? :? Just gets so tired to read such things. Just stay away if you've got nothing relevant to post.

fine 7m

but i to be honest dont get your hopes up

i hate to be pessimistic but i dont think WE will sigh him

If you are only ever going to buy PROVEN talent then you will always pay top dollar. However, if you want to speculate on youth talent like Bale then you will have to pay more than the big boys are willing to pay - because THEY know that if Bale was to realise his full potential then he'll be worth over £20m and they're not willing to miss out on that chance. Look at Rooney, he could've gone either way aswell at his age but United weren't willing to take the chance of someone else (Newcastle) having him for his career at only £20m. To play with the big boys you have to compete with them. TBH I don't think we'll sign him because I think bigger teams want him. Why they want him, I'll leave up to your imagination, but it'll be a few years before Villa can attract a prospect like Bale. I wonder what he'll be worth in 5 years when we will be in the CL (according to Fitzy's plan).

Isaksson can very well become a far better keeper than Sörensen, and possibly already is. I'd like him, but there could be some upset in the dressing room. Neither Isaksson, nor Sörensen will like to be on the bench. Can't understan why one of the most promising keepers in the world, yes, in the world, he really is that good, is on the bench at Man City with Nicky Weaver between the posts. Ah, well, Stuart Pearce.

I've been asking the Citeh fans at work why Isaksson isn't starting, they're all ST holders, they all seem to believe Weaver is in the form of his life so Pearce won't drop him, but then again what do they know, they're citeh fans... mugs.

Not sure i'd want to upset Sorenson, in my eyes he's been quality for us since he signed with only a few drops in performance, he's kept us in a fair few matches over his time with us, and he can still do a good job for us for the forseeable future, although i agree Isaksson has promise, i'd rather let him stay at citeh and improve there before we come in for him when we need him more.

But Isaksson would be coming in as competition to Sorensen. We wouldn't drop Sorensen, it'd be like 'if you have a drop in form or have a run of clangers then there is competition for your place'. At the moment Sorensen knows there isn't a hope of him being replaced short of losing an arm. Only Taylor would be upset, and I can live with that.

But Isaksson would be coming in as competition to Sorensen. We wouldn't drop Sorensen, it'd be like 'if you have a drop in form or have a run of clangers then there is competition for your place'. At the moment Sorensen knows there isn't a hope of him being replaced short of losing an arm. Only Taylor would be upset, and I can live with that.

I'm not convinced that though competition is what's best for keepers. They seem to rely on confidence much more than outfield players. To make someone fear making mistakes is not always the best way to improve their performance. I prefer one first choice keeper and a backup keeper, and that both are confident in their roles and work together as a team when training, etc.

Something in one of the rags about Liverpool hoping to complete a deal with Mascherano.

Are the football authorities going to bend the rules again to benefit Liverpool...........

Big club being treated differently to the rest.......... I simply don't beleive it.

No matter what any of us say this has been a very quiet transfer window so far, I expect it will warm up slightly within the next 24 or so hours but not for us. Why cant they scrap these short windows and go back to the old system, this new system IMO is the reason for Inflated prices as clubs hold each other to ransom for medeocre/unproven players.