Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Well, from what MON has said, I would expect at most one deal. There is very little possibility that if nothing has been fully arranged already that we could make more than one signing. Unless of course we are buying more than one player from the same club.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks promising, but I think it might be a case of what happens at other clubs.

I hope he stays in Birmingham to work out a transfer or two tomorrow instead of going to Newcastle... Come on MON, give us a couple of midfielders.

Agree, would spice things up I think in the last bit of the season. A bit of variety in the service to young/carew/moore/angel could be just what we need. Also sends out a good message to all : "We are AVFC, Doug's gone and we ain't messing around anymore......!"

If he could bring Milner back with him, that would be even better.

I would rather have SWP in the summer than Milner now. I think the Milner deal is way off anyway... Come on, give us Barton and Dica!!!

I'd rather have the better, more promising player. And that's Milner.

But hey, let's just agree to disagree on two players we're not signing rather than turn this into the millionth Milner vs SWP thread.

I think the fact that TRANSFER NEWS is the headline news on the official site says to me that at least one deal is being worked on and is at an advanced enough stage to get us a bit expectant.

I expect at least one more by end of play tomorrow.

I think the fact that TRANSFER NEWS is the headline news on the official site says to me that at least one deal is being worked on and is at an advanced enough stage to get us a bit expectant.

I expect at least one more by end of play tomorrow.

I really hope you are right Stewie....i love deadline day deals, especially involving villa and 8 figure sums!

Yeah TBF to MON he plays a clever game. He never makes definite statements that can later come back to haunt him. He never says 'never' and never says 'definitely' or 'I will' type claims. Not ruling things out, 'ideally wanting 4 or 5 Petrov type players' and seeing what happens are all sensible things to say, and leaves everyone guessing.

We won't sign any more.

Why not?

the press would know.

Perhaps Villa have decided not to tell the world's media that they are secretly trying to buy a player?

No offence mate but you've said about 100 times on this very thread that we're not going to sign anyone and you have so far been wrong every time.

I hope you're wrong again.

Perhaps Villa have decided not to tell the world's media that they are secretly trying to buy a player?

It'snot always the buying club who leeks to the press. Sometimes it's in the seller's interests or the player himself, to let people know he is available

Villa never really tell anyone until its a deal, its the agents who let everyone know.

The incompetent ones always used to....

David O'Leary's "there is a player there who wants to join us" which got the illegal approach reprimand is the one that sticks in my mind.