Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This time last year I remember a lot of people saying how D'Allesandro would be an amazing signing for Portsmouth.

Didn't turn out that way.

Spot on John, I always think of him everytime someone says 'If only we could get 'insert name of argentinian/brazilian/nicaraguan/korean here' they'd be the creative spark we need'. Generally speaking I think managers are coming to realise that a promising british youngster is a better investment than some over-hyped product of an overenthusiastic agent.

and no one remembers Crespo???!!!!

Yep the guy who scored more goals per game than any other Chelsea striker despite never getting a run of games. I think he can be counted as a success as he clearly was more than capable of scoring when given the chance.

I think the hype is very often justified. These players are technical masters, a league ahead of many of the players in our national side, hence why we perform quite poorly in the major comps (WC/EC). But putting these players in a physical league like the Prem where they don't have time to show off the tricks or play the slow passing game and they struggle immensely. If the whole team was made up of Aimars, D'Allesandros, Tevez's, Mascherano's, Crespo's etc etc then the link up play would be far superior and they might succeed.

Colombian, Argentinian; Norwegian, Swedish, no big difference

Oh and Heinze was excellent for United the first season, not so much now because of injuries and an Evra in form. Not fair to bring him in.

He is one of the best left backs in the world, and you wouldn't hesitate to replace Bouma with him would you?

I agree to disagree, and I will also wire 500 NOK (35 quid?) to VT if he succeeds for a club in the Prem, so there is my contribution to the "I will donate x £ to VT if..."-thread :)

Should we try and sign Javier?

Saviola? Mascerano?

Mascherano

Undecided on him, undoubtedly a class player but he hasnt played at wham yet really so maybe a bit to early to call him a flop. Seems if he is given special dispensation by FIFA to move to his third club this season it will be Liverpool anyway, Rafa has been saying how he hopes to get it done i believe.

There's plenty of players in hotels at the minute.

Oh and

Colombian, Argentinian; Norwegian, Swedish, no big difference

I'm sure that national of those countries would disagree, or is it OK to say Swedes, Finnish, Icelanders, Danish, Nowegians not big difference?

This time last year I remember a lot of people saying how D'Allesandro would be an amazing signing for Portsmouth.

Didn't turn out that way.

Spot on John, I always think of him everytime someone says 'If only we could get 'insert name of argentinian/brazilian/nicaraguan/korean here' they'd be the creative spark we need'. Generally speaking I think managers are coming to realise that a promising british youngster is a better investment than some over-hyped product of an overenthusiastic agent.

That would be a fine argument, if it we're aimed at the right player. D'allesandro, when I saw him at least, was excellent for Pompey. As good as it says on the tin......

Very quiet today. All across the board actualy. (i.e. with all clubs)

I think we're done.......

I'm not sure.

Friday I was confident that we would sign at least one.

Over the weekend and today I have been less so.

But it's one of those that could end up either way I think. You see I think there are deals being worked on but I'm not sure they'll happen in time as I think we're part of a chain of deals

Still hopeful though