Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin O'Niell is on the verge of a shock double swoop for Wesley Sneijder from Ajax and Phillipe Lahm from Bayern Munich, for around £15M.

Sneijder, 22, a regular for the Dutch national team under manager Marco Van Basten, has been tracked by many top european clubs.

Lahm, 21, who came to prominence during the World Cup with the first goal of the tournament for the host nation, is just the sort of attacking left back Villa have been hunting.

This would continue Martin O'Niells policy of recruiting the best young talent available.

Villa would love to sign both players but may have to settle for one, it is thought that the Sneijder deal is more likely to go through before the window slams shut, as Ajax have a history of selling off their players.

:)

If we're to sign anyone between now and end of Wednesday we'd need to hear about it pretty quickly IMO

Why?

Because thats what I think.

But didnt you just credit the clubs skills of keeping signings in the quiet?

Martin O'Niell is on the verge of a shock double swoop for Wesley Sneijder from Ajax and Phillipe Lahm from Bayern Munich, for around £15M.

Sneijder, 22, a regular for the Dutch national team under manager Marco Van Basten, has been tracked by many top european clubs.

Lahm, 21, who came to prominence during the World Cup with the first goal of the tournament for the host nation, is just the sort of attacking left back Villa have been hunting.

This would continue Martin O'Niells policy of recruiting the best young talent available.

Villa would love to sign both players but may have to settle for one, it is thought that the Sneijder deal is more likely to go through before the window slams shut, as Ajax have a history of selling off their players.

First of all, BOLLOKS!!

Secondly source?!

Love it when people bring in exceptions, like they are going to change everything.

Err no, im just saying your statement is bollocks.

Because?

I am not doubting Aimar's talent, which is obvious, but everything else about him reaks FLOP

So playing in the Spanish league, and small of size equals flop. Good to know... wouldnt want Fabregas would we?

Love it when people bring in exceptions, like they are going to change everything.

Because?

I am not doubting Aimar's talent, which is obvious, but everything else about him reaks FLOP

So playing in the Spanish league, and small of size equals flop. Good to know... wouldnt want Fabregas would we?

Lots of pent up tension between some posters on this site

:roll:

a quick google search and no results renders this post bollocks

Scource and Link please. :(:(:(

Because?

Again you are smacking back with a lame attempted counterattack, I don't even think Fabregas played in the Spanish league, let alone much!

NO, I am talking about the Aimar many of us have seen numerous times, both for Valencia and the national team. I know for a fact that he is lazy, often dips in form (numbers out for all to see), often injured, often falls out with mangers (Hector Cuper), dives a lot and is very lightweight. Like I said, not someone we would like at Villa Park as he would flop easily.

He is the kind of player Newcastle brings in, and destroys.

And why use the word bollocks?

If we're to sign anyone between now and end of Wednesday we'd need to hear about it pretty quickly IMO

Why?

Because thats what I think.

But didnt you just credit the clubs skills of keeping signings in the quiet?

Yes

Link?

Because i think what you said was MOD : Abuse edited. No need for it. Aimar is fantastic quality, and something we cant even remotely match at Villa. Dips in form? Who doesnt? Dives a lot? Seen the PL lately?

Bringing in latin-american players in itself is dangerous due to the culture clash, but any chance on getting such a player should be taken. Beeing lightweight is no reason to call off a players future in the PL. I guess Ronaldo was a bad move by Fergie? Or maybe not?

I think people dont realise the abilities of footballers like Aimar, and having him at VP would be simply outstanding.