Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats my point Jez. I think we are involved in deals, not necessarily those two thats just speculation, but I dont think it's as simple as saying "we're buying "X" for so many millions".

I think there are complexities to be sorted before they can happen. Whether that is player swap or player sales

I'd say everything will kick off tomorrow afternoon tbh.

Watford will have to buy one or two people, Wigan are after 3 or 4 players, Hendrie will hopefully be on his way, Newcastle/Spurs/West Ham/ourselves still have moeny to spend too.

Jagielka wouldn't bring us forward, so no thanks.

Err yes he would he is the exact type of player Spurs started buying a couple of years ago as they were building.

Not every signing will take us forward and be a world superstar, Young certainly wont over night neither would Jagielka but he is just as good as his job.

Thats my point Jez. I think we are involved in deals, not necessarily those two thats just speculation, but I dont think it's as simple as saying "we're buying "X" for so many millions".

I think there are complexities to be sorted before they can happen. Whether that is player swap or player sales

Yeah i know what you mean, its whether we are in with any deals or whether MON is winding down now after no luck with his last few.

Not long to wait either way.

Sorry to come in a bit late on this. Along with the great truths spoken by Guardian_Angel_M, I really think Rocafella is largely right in what he says about Aimar, except that I'm not all that sure about him falling out with managers.

He's a wonderful little player but isn't all that suited to Spanish football and would be even less suited to English football. He is nothing like physical enough. Ortega must be in his dotage, quite apart from other problems, not least the one of being one of the biggest prats on this earth. "The Little Donkey" had an arse like a donkey too.

Richard mentioned Tarantini. After only a couple of games it was clear that this was one of SHA's greatest signings of all times, although there has been a challenge in recent times from the likes of Anderton and Pandiani. I only wish Tarantini had stayed for many, many years at the Sty.

I am pretty sure we won't be kicking back doing nothing. Tbh I wouldn't rule out a signing Wednesday, so what if we have a match? I'm sure with all the money Lerner has MON et al with have mobile phones.

If we dont get any more in, it wont be for the lack of trying. Keep 'em crossed.

and no one remembers Crespo???!!!!

Yep the guy who scored more goals per game than any other Chelsea striker despite never getting a run of games. I think he can be counted as a success as he clearly was more than capable of scoring when given the chance.

Spot on Crespo was quality in comparison to the other strikers but the press hounded him out IMO. I see something similar happening to Shevchenko at the moment, some people just expect because of his reputation he will just fall on his feet and be quality.

I think we should go for Giles Barnes, my brother in law follows the sheep and he has had a major role in their movement up the league, a biger impact than Huddlestone had there apparently.

how do we know bale is any good

has anybody actually seen him play

is this just another overated lb like ashley cole?

Exactly how over-rated is Ashley Cole? He may be a clearing in the woods but he is a top draw footballer, especially when he played for Wenger. I can't think of a better left back

BennettVilla wrote:

Exactly how over-rated is Ashley Cole? He may be a clearing in the woods but he is a top draw footballer, especially when he played for Wenger. I can't think of a better left back

still overated imo

but bale definitely is

BennettVilla wrote:

still overated imo

but bale definitely is

How do you know Bale is over-rated? Have you seen him play? I have and he is good, Wales youngest international and youngest goalscorer too and it weren't a fluke or tap in. Younger when he played for Wales than Giggs, Speed, Southall, John Charles.