Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was simply just a wish to sign him.

This tread is about us bringing in new players, and I think we will. I believe we will have two more Villa players when midnight comes tomorrow. I hope that Barton will be one of them, even though it is not likely.

Agreed, I'd like him to have the opportunity to play for us in the future, but just not now.

I'd also love barton but i don't feel its realistic this window, however a good push up the table in the last 14 games and he can be a real target in the summer, we may however find ourselves in a battle for his signature in the summer though. but i'm sure i've heard that he's happy at city until the end of the season at least....

We won't sign any more.

Why not?

the press would know.

Perhaps Villa have decided not to tell the world's media that they are secretly trying to buy a player?

No offence mate but you've said about 100 times on this very thread that we're not going to sign anyone and you have so far been wrong every time.

I hope you're wrong again.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with the new signings.

The kitstealers just had an £18mill bid rejected for Darren Bent :shock: , glad we didnt go in for him at that price

Really? I would love to pay that rather than watch him go elsewhere...

The kitstealers just had an £18mill bid rejected for Darren Bent :shock: , glad we didnt go in for him at that price

He's a good player but not worth £18mill IMO, there's plenty of other strikers in the world who are just as good, if not better for that or less.

He's a good player but not worth £18mill IMO, there's plenty of other strikers in the world who are just as good, if not better for that or less.

I kind of agree that he maybe isn't in the same bracket as other players who have been bought for 18mil, but I think I would rather we paid that price for him than see him sign a 5 year contract at another club.

IF charlton decide to sell him, then, regardless of price, I hope we are the ones who buy him.

ANyone got any suggestions of what we may be looking at?

Yes, I am pretty sure we are looking for a Gerrard/Lampard type of midfielder. Creative, but also has the ability to defend and tackle like McCann. I think MON is after a more accomplished player than McCann to fill his role.

I think that's what Petrov is supposed to do. I also think that O'Neill is very happy with McCann, and that he will be in our first XI for at least another 18 months.

Yeah i'm sure we all agree with this but what happens when McCann get's injured....we are back to square....1

you are all syaing that now...but i bet there would be people whining about the price...there is no way to please some people......18 mill is alot of money...although i do rate him highly..without a doubt.....we could get two quality players for that money...surely!!!

There is a logical reason for not selling Bent to Wham - I think Wham would have to pay 50 Mill to get him. How much money will it cost Charlton if they go down and Wham stay up? If they are selling him it is not going to be to a club they think they can catch. We might get him for 15-16 mill. I guees. But we could not play 433 with him and Carew could we?

IF charlton decide to sell him, then, regardless of price, I hope we are the ones who buy him.

I could not agree more with that

I disagree. Ok ok, we've got money now, and Randy's willing to let MON spend it, but thats not limitless and I very much doubt that MON will want to spend 18M on a player now when he could save that till the summer and get someone just as good if not better for a far better price. At the start of the window, most people valued Bent at around 7-9M - how his price has doubled is astonishing, and shows how well MON has done in bringing in Carew for a straight swap.

I think we should ignore Bent, and go after better targets in the summer.

If West Ham go down then he would be available for about £12 million in the summer I think.

Why would wet spam going down affect (or is it effect?) the price that charlton want?