Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And then the press says stuff like Matusiak is a done deal with Villa or Fulham and that's nowhere to be seen.

Exactly.

The press make stuff up because they don't what's really happening.

I don't recall reading about Nobby Solano's imminent arrival a couple of years ago. I wouldn't mind another one of them.

Dica's got a dicky knee anyway and is out for 5 months.

I know, but we can still buy him cant we?

Really hope there will be some activity tomorrow or tonight... We need midfielders.

What would be the point?

It would satisfy our lust for transfers sure but he can't actually play, so why risk him being a long term Crock just because we want some one in? he's not gaurenteed to recover fully...

Is it possible or likely that a player will be approached say tomorrow afternoon and be expected to sign by midnight.

What I'm saying is all the persuading should have been done by the Newcastle match and then its just a case of sealing the deal and getting a signature

Surely O'Neill doesn't have to be the bloke who wipes the players noses too, don't we have other minions for that.

I'd say you're probably right Malcolm. I still think a rumour might appear today though if that's the case - from the vested interest parties (selling club, agent, player).

I'd say you're probably right Malcolm. I still think a rumour might appear today though if that's the case - from the vested interest parties (selling club, agent, player).

Agreed, I think we should know by tonight who we are after...

he's not gaurenteed to recover fully...

He isnt? You know a lot about his injury?

No mate, i don't know much about his injury at all, but there is always a risk, the knee could be weak from now on, there can be many complications to any injury. even with physio being what it is today, nobody is gaurenteed a full recovery.

All i'm saying is, if he can't play for us NOW, why should we buy him NOW, when we can leave him on the other clubs wage bill await his recovery, sure summer time comes along and he's fit, sign him up if thats what the manager want's but why pay for his recovery when we don't need to

That really is a VERY positive statement from the club re: more transfers. I was hoping against hope we might bag another player, but thought it unlikely. Now however, I'm really optimistic that we'll bring someone else in.

I can't see it being a defensive midfielder to be honest. I think MON is happy with McCann and obviously thinks highly of Osbourne.

ANyone got any suggestions of what we may be looking at?

Yes, I am pretty sure we are looking for a Gerrard/Lampard type of midfielder. Creative, but also has the ability to defend and tackle like McCann. I think MON is after a more accomplished player than McCann to fill his role.

All i'm saying is, if he can't play for us NOW, why should we buy him NOW, when we can leave him on the other clubs wage bill await his recovery, sure summer time comes along and he's fit, sign him up if thats what the manager want's but why pay for his recovery when we don't need to

Simply because he is a popular transfer target and maybe we can work out a good deal now that he is injured. When he recovers I am pretty sure he will be heading to a big team in Spain or Italy. That is if we dont snap him up now.

And then the press says stuff like Matusiak is a done deal with Villa or Fulham and that's nowhere to be seen.

Exactly.

The press make stuff up because they don't what's really happening.

I don't recall reading about Nobby Solano's imminent arrival a couple of years ago. I wouldn't mind another one of them.

How about Peter Schmeichel, the 1st anyone new of the Greatest keeper of the last 20 years signing, was when he walked into the press conference! The press rely on Big mouthed agents, speculation or clubs trying to get a good deal for there players!

IMO reading VT is more realistic than reading the tabloids!

MON says he's going to work hard until the last minute and there's a few things in the offing, so you never know! lets just keep our fingers crossed! after all milner was driving down well into the night at the last transfer deadline! there's hope of more yet! :)

ANyone got any suggestions of what we may be looking at?

Yes, I am pretty sure we are looking for a Gerrard/Lampard type of midfielder. Creative, but also has the ability to defend and tackle like McCann. I think MON is after a more accomplished player than McCann to fill his role.

I think that's what Petrov is supposed to do. I also think that O'Neill is very happy with McCann, and that he will be in our first XI for at least another 18 months.

Simply because he is a popular transfer target and maybe we can work out a good deal now that he is injured. When he recovers I am pretty sure he will be heading to a big team in Spain or Italy. That is if we dont snap him up now.

How do you know this? i take it there have been links to these big teams in this transfer window? if so why were we favorites not so long ago?

or if this is speculation, why would 5 months out with a knee injury have alerted the big teams to his availability? i mean they would have hardly baulked at the 2.3 mil price tag i remember reading? but no doubt i'm way off not being in the loop?

How do you know this? i take it there have been links to these big teams in this transfer window? if so why were we favorites not so long ago?

or if this is speculation, why would 5 months out with a knee injury have alerted the big teams to his availability? i mean they would have hardly baulked at the 2.3 mil price tag i remember reading? but no doubt i'm way off not being in the loop?

I have no interest in discussing this. It was simply just a wish to sign him.

This tread is about us bringing in new players, and I think we will. I believe we will have two more Villa players when midnight comes tomorrow. I hope that Barton will be one of them, even though it is not likely.