Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

If we're to sign anyone between now and end of Wednesday we'd need to hear about it pretty quickly IMO

Why?

Because thats what I think.

But didnt you just credit the clubs skills of keeping signings in the quiet?

Yes

Sorry, just seems contradicting to me, but i may be missing the point.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're to sign anyone between now and end of Wednesday we'd need to hear about it pretty quickly IMO

Why?

Because thats what I think.

But didnt you just credit the clubs skills of keeping signings in the quiet?

Yes

Sorry, just seems contradicting to me, but i may be missing the point.

Yes

Aimar would come, shine for a couple of games, dip in form, get injured perhaps, dip a little bit more, be put out of the side, whinge to the press and fall out with MON.

We need hard workers and people who isn't bigger than the club. Bringing in a player who hasn't performed for 5 years isn't the right one.

Why bring Ronaldo and Fabregas up in this? They were 18 and 16 when they were brought in by their managers, Aimar is 27 years old or so. Not to mention the two former players extreme advantage in terms of ability. Both are tons better than Aimar and they have 5 years to get better. BTW, Ronaldo weights 15 kg more than Aimar or something, thus not leightweight.

I am willing to put all of my knowledge, dignity and future-sayings into this call, Aimar would never make it in the Premiership. At his best, a sublime footballer (at least I saw it 5 years ago), but on a regular basis he is too much of a name, not a performer.

To be fair John he was supposed to have been one of the reasons they stayed up and they couldn't afford him. All the pundits reports I heard was that he was a class act.

Of all the Argies to have played in England, you'd have expected Mascherano to be the best since he seems built for this league. But it didn't quite work out for him did it?

Yet.