Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd personally like to see us sign a DM...like Papa Booba Diop...but it seems he is on his way to Wigan....we should have gone for Lauren also...i think Pompey have done some good business....but like said previously....if we don't get anyone b4 tomorow...i hope there isn't a "whingefest"..and we just get behind the team...

UP THE VILLA!!!

forget about us playing tomorrow in terms of hindering a deal, MON wont conduct most of the deal....his part would be, what, an hours conversation with a player and seeing as the game and pre work will be, 4 hours and flight to Newcastle and to and from airports, 3 hours (being generous) that still leaves 17 possible hours to talk to a player.....the financial nucks and crannies will be done by other people

Selling clubs and agents normally leak such information, and the press seems quite well informed what's going on when it comes to transfers between Premiership clubs.

It's also my impression that if we are bringing in players from abroad, the national press in the players home country seems to be well informed as well and that any rumours quite quickly finds it way to messageboards etc.

So I doubt we are able to make any major signing without rumours about it appearing beforehand. The only two possibilities I see for major transfers out of the blue would be if we were able to ressurrect deals with targets already mentioned earlier in the month. SWP would perhaps be able to have a change of mind and accept an offer from us without anyone finding out about it, but I can't see many others that we might bring in without us having an "early warning".

Selling clubs and agents normally leak such information, and the press seems quite well informed what's going on when it comes to transfers between Premiership clubs.

I think that is when the player wants a move or the club wants to sell. Or if the buying club wants to draw attention to the deal.

The kind of players we are after is not players the clubs wants to sell. And Villa are not a team players will die to play for so they wont make a fuss to be allowed to leave. The agents are always interessted in a deal, but if there is already contact between the clubs the agents have no interest in leaking the deal.

Man U. and Chelsea often leak transfers but I think that is to unsettle the players. If I was MON right now I would do all I can to keep it quiet since I would not want a bidding war.

So as I see there can easily be ongoings, but we might never know.

Martin O'Neill has not given up hope of further bolstering his squad ahead of tomorrow's transfer deadline and will keep working until the very last minute.

The Villa boss has already added Phil Bardsley, John Carew and Ashley Young to the squad and was today refusing to rule out more new signings.

He commented: "There are a few things in the offing and we're going to be working right to the last minute. There's nothing definite at this time.

"I'll probably be delayed going up to Newcastle for a while, but there are 36 hours to go, so I might as well see it to the end."

clicky

Looks promising, but I think it might be a case of what happens at other clubs.

I don't know much about England's socio-economics but do they have fax machines in Newcastle??

Should MON have some carrier pigeons on hand just in case there's a last minute deal to get done??

I think that is when the player wants a move or the club wants to sell. Or if the buying club wants to draw attention to the deal.

The kind of players we are after is not players the clubs wants to sell. And Villa are not a team players will die to play for so they wont make a fuss to be allowed to leave. The agents are always interessted in a deal, but if there is already contact between the clubs the agents have no interest in leaking the deal.

Man U. and Chelsea often leak transfers but I think that is to unsettle the players. If I was MON right now I would do all I can to keep it quiet since I would not want a bidding war.

So as I see there can easily be ongoings, but we might never know.

Either a club is selling or not. If SWP for some reason decides he wants to move on, Chelsea would be interested in having several bids, not just one?

But we don't know what's going on. We might have made a bid for player X that the selling club finds acceptable, player X needs to discuss with his current club and is told they would prefer him to move because they intend to use the money to buy player Y from another club. The selling club wouldn't necessarily go public with this, because they can't force the player to move on, and it wouldn't look good if they asked one of their best players to move on.

Or the selling club accept an offer for player X, player X is interested in the move, everyone agrees, but the selling club won't release player X before they know for certain that they will get player Y from another club. Until player Y is made available everyone keeps quiet.

So we might have a deal for one or more players agreed, and are just waiting for other clubs to finish their business before we can move in.

The truth is obviously that we don't know what will happen, but I don't think it makes that much difference if we are playing or not tomorrow. I think a lot of deals are already agreed upon, but if they are completed or not is depending on what happens elsewhere.

Its good to see there are a few things in the offing still he is sying today, makes me a bit more optimistic!!

And you really think Fatman Shepherd will let us use his fax machine???

Do you think MON would want to use it?

But this is promising quotes. It really is. And as expected, the Newcastle-game will not be in the way for making business. But does this mean that we can still see a new face on thursday? Announced then, I mean.

Looks promising, but I think it might be a case of what happens at other clubs.

I hope he stays in Birmingham to work out a transfer or two tomorrow instead of going to Newcastle... Come on MON, give us a couple of midfielders.

I'd much rather he went to Newcastle with the team.

If he could bring Milner back with him, that would be even better.