Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

But Isaksson would be coming in as competition to Sorensen. We wouldn't drop Sorensen, it'd be like 'if you have a drop in form or have a run of clangers then there is competition for your place'. At the moment Sorensen knows there isn't a hope of him being replaced short of losing an arm. Only Taylor would be upset, and I can live with that.

I agree, it wouldn't be dropping Sorenson, however I doubt that, Isaksson would want to be warming our bench just as much as he doesn't want to be warming city's, we have at least a year or two of sorenson on his game, let Isaksson have a year or two in city's first team, get a run of games, then he'll be right for us when we come a calling, i don't have complete confidence in Taylor, but he's not a bad back up.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isaksson can very well become a far better keeper than Sörensen, and possibly already is. I'd like him, but there could be some upset in the dressing room. Neither Isaksson, nor Sörensen will like to be on the bench. Can't understan why one of the most promising keepers in the world, yes, in the world, he really is that good, is on the bench at Man City with Nicky Weaver between the posts. Ah, well, Stuart Pearce.

I've been asking the Citeh fans at work why Isaksson isn't starting, they're all ST holders, they all seem to believe Weaver is in the form of his life so Pearce won't drop him, but then again what do they know, they're citeh fans... mugs.

Not sure i'd want to upset Sorenson, in my eyes he's been quality for us since he signed with only a few drops in performance, he's kept us in a fair few matches over his time with us, and he can still do a good job for us for the forseeable future, although i agree Isaksson has promise, i'd rather let him stay at citeh and improve there before we come in for him when we need him more.

And I'm a swede having seen Isaksson play on plenty occassions and I tell you, as he's pretty much world class, one of the best in the WC this summer and saved us from a very humiliating score against Germany, he's 10 times better than Weaver no matter how in form he is. Isaksson is just as good as Robinson. Would you put Weaver in the national team before Robinson? Didn't think so. And from what I heard Weaver made a pretty bad mistake this weekend. Still not sure if we should take him to Villa anyway. Competition is good, yes, but we're not that good yet that we can have 2 such good keepers in our squad without anyone complaining. Few teams are that good.

I just have a gut feeling our business is done, I think we'll need to hear today if a deal is in the offing and I dont think we will

Never mind. Fairly happy with what we got anyway.

I just have a gut feeling our business is done, I think we'll need to hear today if a deal is in the offing and I dont think we will

We would we need to hear of it, when we have conducted our other transfer in piece and quiet?

We would we need to hear of it, when we have conducted our other transfer in piece and quiet?

Yes

Because we've a game tomorrow TRL so the club will be busy and with today being the penultimate day in the transfer window I agree with Richard that anything we are going to do in the rest of this window will at least be rumoured about today, or not at all.

Were there any rumours at all before we signed Laursen? i remember I came home to my then gf and got to the OS and read that right out of the blue. Hadn't heard anything before. But then I wasn't that updated every day as I am today.

Because we've a game tomorrow TRL so the club will be busy and with today being the penultimate day in the transfer window I agree with Richard that anything we are going to do in the rest of this window will at least be rumoured about today, or not at all.

Ah i see, but we could still sign someone out of the blue 11.30 tonight tho?

Possibly

Tomorrow?

Tomorrow?

Now YOU'VE lost me. Hes not saying tomorrow :?

Yeah i just misunderstood the offing part. So we can get linked to a player today and sign it tomorrow, even though tomorrow we wont have time to actually sign anyone?

I think a couple of deals may have already been lined up but they depend on other clubs acting as well.

Hendrie is all but lined up to leave but I don't think he'll go until we've got player Y coming in from club X but they have to have got someone in to replace player Y..........

..... I've confused myself there..........

I think a couple of deals may have already been lined up but they depend on other clubs acting as well.

Hendrie is all but lined up to leave but I don't think he'll go until we've got player Y coming in from club X but they have to have got someone in to replace player Y..........

..... I've confused myself there..........

Well, then we just trade Hendrie for Gamst Pedersen and all will be happy. Worked out with Baros-Carew. Can't see anything that would make this different. :nod: