Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bellamy starts for Liverpool tonight so that deal cant be close ,thats if we were ever in for him

Dont think we are in for him to be honest..... And its only the carling cup as well... Doesnt really come into it, there not going to not play him purely because theres speculation around his future....

As Marty has come out and said just recently, we'd rather see the new faces being unveiled at the club than hear him talking about who he's going after.

So if all you local lads can head down to Villa Park can you let us know when you see anyone??

Bellamy starts for Liverpool tonight so that deal cant be close ,thats if we were ever in for him

Dont think we are in for him to be honest..... And its only the carling cup as well... Doesnt really come into it, there not going to not play him purely because theres speculation around his future....

Surely Bellamy will be begging for someone to take him away from Liverpool after last night!

I really hope we dont sign bellamy, we need a striker or 2 but id take either keane or defoe over bellamy every time, especially if they are all gonna be in the 7-9mil price range.

I think he defintely has attributes but surely we would need the 'big man' up front with him.

thats why some of these links IMHO are not right without that 'big man'

or is he going to be got in the summer and we solider on with Angel and Baros until the summer ????

The purchase of a striker is surely a certainty. With a squad the size of ours, there is simply no way MON would even contemplate letting Baros leave, which he seems to be doing at the moment, unless he had someone else lined up. I am an Angel fan, but MON seems to be losing patience with his inability to hold up the ball. With Sutton and Moore out, Angel seemingly past it, Gabby still very young and Baros looking to be on the move, we can expect a striker this month.

I would definately take Bellamy, but not for massive money. I think 4-5m would be fair. Obviously he's not one to hold up the ball, but quality none the less.

One player who could do a job for us on the right is Ronnie O'Brien, I've mentioned him before solid player started out at Middlesbrough who was quickly snapped up by Juventus but never got his chance and eventually ended up in the US after a brief stint at Dundee. He's been playing over here for 4 years and has made the leagues all star team a couple of times (he set up the goal that beat Chelsea in pre-season). At 28 he's still got a couple of seasons left in him and delivers a good ball. Probably available at 1-2 million.

I think he defintely has attributes but surely we would need the 'big man' up front with him.

thats why some of these links IMHO are not right without that 'big man'

or is he going to be got in the summer and we solider on with Angel and Baros until the summer ????

Ian I agree 100%, we have Baros, Gabby and Moore - who are all smaller fast players, we don't really have any big strong forward (Sutton sure but he is no part of the future is he?) so I too are thinking that MON must be in for a different kind of forward as well.