Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it before and now i'm saying it again...

I'm amazed there havent been any links to left wingers so far. With O'Neill liking 4-3-3 as well as 4-4-2 and also often using Barry at LB, we need either a first choice or a back-up in this position.

Barrys preferred position is at left midfield and Moore and presumably Gabby can also cover there. Also, if (a very, super large if) MON signs SWP and Young then one will end up on the left. Its not the same priority that RB, RM and Strikers are at the moment.

Can`t see us being after Freddy. Not for £7M, not at his age. If the price was about £2M then maybe as 18 month buy with a view to bringing on the younger players.

A rumour out

Blades keen on deal for Aston Villa midfielder

The experienced midfielder is back with Aston Villa after a successful loan spell at Stoke City but his future remains uncertain.

"There are a few possibilities, a few people interested in Lee," the Sheffield Star quotes a friend of the player as saying.

"Nothing is certain yet and, in an ideal world, Lee would love to be involved at Villa because he's been there for all of his career.

"But he also wants to play at the highest level and Sheffield United are among those in the frame."

AH! It is faaaaar too quiet now Martin O´Neill...get some players in now so that we can rest our poor hearts! This is devastating waiting for us fans!

I want SWP, Dica, Young, Beckham and Tomasson and then I can rest again...and btw...get Simunic too...he is quality!

I've said it before and now i'm saying it again...

I'm amazed there havent been any links to left wingers so far. With O'Neill liking 4-3-3 as well as 4-4-2 and also often using Barry at LB, we need either a first choice or a back-up in this position.

Barrys preferred position is at left midfield and Moore and presumably Gabby can also cover there. Also, if (a very, super large if) MON signs SWP and Young then one will end up on the left. Its not the same priority that RB, RM and Strikers are at the moment.

Moore might just about cope in a 4-3-3 but not a 4-4-2. Equally Barry cant really play further forward in a 4-3-3. Dont really agree with the principle of right sided players could do a job there...they could, just not a great one on the whole. Moore only gets away with it as he practically plays as a second striker.

I agree that there are other priorities ahead of this one but I still think he'll be looking for a LM/W. We'll see.

Noticed that the BBC and Sky are both linking Liverpool to some Keeper in Italy , i know i am looking slightly into the future here , but surely if this is true then Carson has got to be someone we go for come the summer time

What do you think ??