Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Beckham - the most glamorous, money rich footballer ever to play for England.

Villa - possibly one of the most unglamorous, unfashionable teams in the Premiership for the last 5 years.

Villa's fortune may be changing, but I really can't see him coming. And I'm not sure I want him if there's better elsewhere.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aston Villa want Chelsea’s Kalou

14:10 January, 10, 2007

Chelsea Football Club have been told they can have Milan Baros for the rest of the season – if they allow Salomon Kalou to move in the opposite direction.

Mail The FansFC Editor

Send This Article To A Friend

Post Your View on The Msg Board

The champions are believed to be keen on the Aston Villa striker as they look to relieve some of the goalscoring burden from Ivory Coast international Didier Drogba, who has been in great form this season.

However, Baros’ agent has told sport.cz that Martin O’Neill will only consider letting the Czech Republic striker leave Villa Park if a replacement is found.

"At present, we are waiting until Aston Villa find an adequate replacement for Milan,†said Pavel Paska. "It is very likely that if this does not happen, there will be no progress in negotiations."

And rumours in the Midlands suggest O’Neill has set his sights on a cheeky loan bid for Kalou, who has made seven Premiership starts since his summer move from Feyenoord.

However, manager Jose Mourinho is unlikely to part company with the youngster as he sees him playing a big role for the club in the second half of the season.

From Fans FC

About as reliable as the Sun, but at least its another player we're linked with. It sounds a journalist has put 2 and 2 together.

I'd be interested in Kalou coming on loan with an option to buy, but to be honest he's missed so many sitters, I would hope MON wouldn't play him up front. As a right winger or attacking mid then he's much better.

Reports suggest that Martin Jol and striker Mido have had a falling out which looks set to see the Egyptian frontman move away from White Hart Lane in January.

The Mirror suggests that Jol is not happy with Mido and they have had several arguments in the past weeks, mostly regarding the striker not turning up for training.

The newspaper also suggests that the falling out was the reason behind Spurs chasing Darren Bent during the transfer window.

Worth a bid? He's still a good age, but he's never been prolific. Baros Mk2 probably

GEe how loved must Sheva feel at the moment, with Chelsea apparently willing to throw mega-buck players at Villa to get hold of a bloke that many Villa fans would happily give away.....

Beckham 'to leave Real in summer'

Is Beckham set to leave Madrid?

David Beckham will leave Real Madrid in the summer, according to the club's sporting director Predrag Mijatovic.

"Beckham will leave us, we will not renew his contract with the club," he told Sky Italia television.

The 31-year-old, whose current deal expires in June, has been linked with a host of clubs from England, Italy, Spain, France and the United States.

Beckham has started just nine times for the Primera Liga side this season under coach Fabio Capello.

The player's spokesman Simon Oliveira said he was surprised by the news after telling this website last week that a new two-year deal had been put on the table.

Oliveira said: "Nobody has said anything to us. As far as we're concerned, the offer is still there and a meeting is due this week."

Beckham, who signed for Real for £25m in July 2003, is one of six senior players to have been left out of Real's Copa del Rey game with Real Betis on Thursday.

The other 'Galactico' to have been omitted from the 18-man squad is Brazil striker Ronaldo, who was also tipped to leave the Bernabeu along with the former England captain by Spanish newspaper AS on Tuesday.

Beckham has found it difficult to secure a place in the first team this season with Capello often preferring Raul, Robinho and Jose Antonio Reyes on the wing.

The former Manchester United player was included in the starting XI for the league matches against Getafe, Sevilla and Recreativo Huelva, but Real lost all three games.

Beckham also started September's 2-0 Champions League defeat at Lyon.

In the nine matches he has started, Real have been defeated in all but two.

http://tinyurl.com/yaex9z

Well, he's going somewhere soon.

without a doubt this has broken now so Real can get rid of him either as a loan or a perm deal.

some club is going to be daft enough to engage in this circus for a vastly over rated player.

I give MON more sense than that to get involved !

I hope he does get involved.

How could you not want perhaps the best passer of a ball in the world?

Gabby could run like Forrest Gump and the ball would miraculously appear at his feet for him to ram home. I want some of that.

well obviously Capello doesn't want the best passer in the world, nor did Fergie, nor Jose, nor Wenger .....

all the top managers int he world and the strongest links with an American team says it all .....

The most overrated player in my football lifetime ...

well obviously Capello doesn't want the best passer in the world, nor did Fergie, nor Jose, nor Wenger .....

all the top managers int he world and the strongest links with an American team says it all .....

One-trick pony. Once that trick is nullified, he was proved to be ineffective.

Also all the baggage that comes with him, including his irritating wife. No thanks.

Also all the baggage that comes with him, including his irritating wife. No thanks.

The trick was never nullified, it was mis-managed through a combination of weak management and Beckhams desire to be something he wasnt.

Give him the same role he had at Man U for all those years and he'll bang the crosses in all day.

The mistake is trying to focus a teams attacking play solely through him or getting him too involved in the centre. Let him do what he is good at, working hard getting up and down the pitch, crossing and hitting long balls that no-one else can.

Backham aint the best passed in the world anymore, neither is he the best free kick taker or corner taker.

Who is then?

Gerrard, Alonso are better passers. Juninhio better free kick taker, and anyone who get it over first man is better corner taker.

His wife can feck off, granted and I'm sure she would as The Bullring isnt pricey enough for that eejit.

But I havent seen Beckham 'nullified' too often. I dont really see how its possible seeing as how the man can put a ball anywhere from practically anywhere else.

He did set up most of Englands goals in the WC, did he not?

Anyway, its just my opinion and if the guy even considered joining us for a millisecond I would feel honoured.

Gerrard, Alonso are better passers. Juninhio better free kick taker, and anyone who get it over first man is better corner taker.

Nonsense.

but the point is Grant, is that BEckham never wanted to simply stay on the right. He himself through his influnence esp. with SGE wanted to prove himself as a central midfielder, that is where the 'true greats' play ....

I wonder if the real reason he fell out with Fergie was his resistance to simply play that one role ....

IMHO Ronaldo (effectitvtly his replacement) gives Man Ure far more than Beckham ever did.

He may be a one trick pony, but it is a bloody good trick. Also, when has he been proved to be ineffective?

He has been one of Madrid's best players in recent years.