Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

We don't need a new keeper, we have 2 good ones.

I heard Curtis Davies has practically signed for us- could be total bullshit, also heard Bellamy, Young and Wright- Phillips have all spoke to us as well.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Curtis Davies has practically signed for us- could be total bullshit, also heard Bellamy, Young and Wright- Phillips have all spoke to us as well.

Please god... all of them? :)

Woulden't rate bellamy though...

Where did you hear all this anyway?

Please god... all of them? :)

Woulden't rate bellamy though...

Where did you hear all this anyway?

No seriously, what I said is more than likely bullshit, but the bloke I heard it off knows what he's on about if you know what I mean.

Just take it with a pinch of salt and remember who told you first... (not that those rumours haven't been mentioned in the press a few times).

Yeh i understand you mate, but Curtis Davies would be alright at the villa after all the speculation with him and other clubs

Definately, good player, would strengthen us at the back.

O'Neill restless for new faces

By Tom Adams - Created on 9 Jan 2007

Martin O'Neill insists he will be working 'around the clock' to strengthen Aston Villa's squad during the January transfer window.

The Ulsterman has already recruited Phil Bardsley on loan from Manchester United but O'Neill fears his resources will be stretched to the limit if he cannot add to the acquisition of the right-back.

Villa have been linked with players such as Ashley Young and Shaun Wright-Phillips and, whilst O'Neill is reluctant to discuss individual targets, the former Celtic chief says he is working flat out to continue his recruitment drive.

"We've got Phil Bardsley on loan which I am delighted about and there are other irons in the fire," said O'Neill.

"We have a number of ongoing things at the moment. Whether or not they come to fruition remains to be seen.

"I think Aston Villa fans will want to see the people when they have arrived - not hear me talking about them.

"But we'll work around the clock because we know we can't do anything after the end of this month.

"Other than signing someone who is out of contract, like Chris Sutton, there's nothing you can do after the end of this month and those."

Clicky

"Other than signing someone who is out of contract, like Chris Sutton, there's nothing you can do after the end of this month and those."

Ah we've got another senile one in charge, he's forgotten he's already signed Chris Sutton... :winkold:

I really think Bellamy will be in, he's not playing enough for Liverpool and he played for MON at celtic, who at the time really rescued him from Newcastle

I rate him as a player just the attitude may be a problem, if he comes in the Sacred Heart giving it the johnny big spuds after a game there could be trouble

Watch this space.

Ah we've got another senile one in charge, he's forgotten he's already signed Chris Sutton... :winkold:

:lol:

Made me laugh out loud Paddy. I see your brain thingy hasn't affected your sense of humour :winkold:

Seriously, good words from O'Neill. Imminent words if you know what I mean.

A bit quiet today apart from MON report.

The calm before the storm hopefully :)

That could well be because the cat is already out of the bag. Our main targets are Bent, Defoe, Young and SWP as well as maybe a couple of foreign lads. Obviously we won't nab all of them, but that's my understanding (guessing) of the situation.

Pretty dull all round!

You mean every other team didn't have major signings lined up to be revealed on january the 1st?

Sack all the managers.

Big transfers are unlikely to happen straight away as clubs want a decent price for their players so they let teams fight it out over the month.

If we can bring in the likes of Ashley Young then i'm happy to wait till jan 31st to do it.