Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Podolski for 20m+. Now I have heard it all.

what would you expect him too cost then? he was 10 million before the world cup and was one of the world cups best players and only 21 he will cost a lot more than 10 million now and thats excluding that bayern won't just sell him because they have been offered 7 million more than what they paid for him only a few months a go especially as he has plenty to offer them for many years

One of the world cups best players? I cant see how.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a lot of people on here hate Ronaldo for what he did in the WC, but what about Podolski? On three occasions I saw him grab the referee around his shoulder after either giving a yellow or red card. What's that about?

I wonder what you would have said about him if it was GER who knocked out ENG in the quarters.........

Nope, Podolski isn't coming here because he is too good and just settled at FC Bayern, he's also a clearing in the woods.

I know we're not meant to comment on other sites but i found this post quiet funny:

It's a Daily Mirror type of day today so don't believe everything you read. According to the football bible we're after Palermo's Brazilian midfielder Simplicio.

Simplicio is someone I've never heard of so I speak with great confidence when I say he started playing football for his local team, São Paulo, where he played from 2000 to 2004.

He left the Brazilian team in order to join Italian side Parma on a free transfer. He stayed at Parma for two seasons before joining Palermo for €5.5m.

As I said, never heard of him and it's the Daily Mirror, so salt and pinch of is probably a good thing to be thinking when you read this.

Oh, he plays in central midfield and is 27 years old.

Clicky

Since when has Damien Dugdale been the be all and end all of football, this guy enfuriates me.

because he was voted best young player of the tournament and he was joint second for the golden boot award

He is a good young player but I dont rate him that highly and I wouldnt expect to be paying anything like 20m+ for him. He isnt that good.

He's not in Rooney's class or Ronaldo and so on. Catching Sweden napping and scoring one against Ecuador isnt that impressive. The amount of chances he pissed away was incredible. Playing with Klose certainly helped too. I'm not trying to be overly harsh on the kid becuase he is a talented player with a bright future but 20m at the moment is a joke price.

So I expect he will be staying at Bayern for a long time because I doubt the best clubs in Europe will be queuing up to pay over the odds for him.

I think you'll find that nobody will be paying £20m for him any time soon.

i never said clubs would pay 20 million for him, but if they wanted to get him he would cost over 20 million unless bayern put him on the transfer list which is highly unlikey.

they have no reason for selling him when they have just bought him and he is a quality player with marketing values as well, say someone bid 17 million, they would think whats an extra 7 million on top of what we paid when he has many years of goalscoring ahead of him, as he is proven at the highest level. Strikers like that are hard to come by, look at england we only have 3 at the moment.

Well, I'd rather talk about players we actually might buy. Not overrated ones we wont buy in a million years. Nobody has bid for Podolski and I dont see why his name even came up.

What are the laughable rumours of today then? It all seems very quiet.

The more I think about it the more I am convinced that Richards from Citeh will be joining in January.

In fact if you look at the U21 line up from the other night then I think that it may reflect a few Villa players after January:

Carson, Richards, Baines, Steven Taylor, Ferdinand, Huddlestone, Reo-Coker, Milner, Agbonlahor (Walcott 77), Nugent (Hoyte 67), Young (Jerome 90).

Subs Not Used: Alnwick, Kilgallon, Watson, Routledge

In addition I wouldn't mind betting that Bale from Southampton may be a target

i would be over the moon with that little lot!

add in baines too and boy oh boy would i be excited!

Podolski for 20m+. Now I have heard it all.

what would you expect him too cost then? he was 10 million before the world cup and was one of the world cups best players and only 21 he will cost a lot more than 10 million now and thats excluding that bayern won't just sell him because they have been offered 7 million more than what they paid for him only a few months a go especially as he has plenty to offer them for many years

you seem to be running low on full stops. here's a couple for you

:D

theres a ration on full stops because i have used up most of the worlds supply.....

cant see reo-coker coming to be honest.

Why not? Might cost a bit (£7m?), but I can't see him turning us down.

At least then we could hae a proper song for one of our players....

Oh Oh Oh Nigel Reo-Coker.....

What about that Leighton Baines from Wigan? With that shot he could replace Hitz. :P

yep, and he's going to be in the England squad instead of Barry...

Not if he came here... :? Just saw his goal before. Is he any good really?