Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

not a chance in hell will richards end up at villa at the moment, as was said before its not a massive step up for him and yes all th big clubs should be interested.definatley liverpool as much as i hate them being called one of the "big four". sidwell i think needs to prove a bit more, wouldnt want us to pay more than 3 million for him. id love to see bent at villa, and im sure he must be having doubts now curbs has left.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Managers and players are different. MON is a clever man and could see coming here now with new owner etc is an exciting proposition , i also image he likes the challenge of putting us with the big boys again.

Players on the other hand are different, they want everything now and don't like to wait.

Why would Klose leave a club in the champs league, to go to one which is not!? (yet) aint gonna happen.

If MON can choose Villa then I'm pretty sure Micah Richards and Miroslav Klose could too.

And THAT is the point to all this

That and the fact that our new board has more conections to the world of sports than most of the boards in the PL. I think that can play a huge part for us. Conections rules the world and now we got them, and then some.

MON is a clever man and could see coming here now with new owner etc is an exciting proposition

And you dont think he can persuade players to come?

I think he can but not SWP or Klose, both would simply not want to come here. SWP I hear is loving life to the full in London (should that be living? Nope I know what I mean( whereas Klose is on record as wanting to play outside Germany and then mentioned Real and Barca, which shows exactly the type of club he will leave Germany for. In the same interview he referred to Bayern Munich as a big club but not big enough. So let's put that to bed.

MON is a clever man and could see coming here now with new owner etc is an exciting proposition

And you dont think he can persuade players to come?

I think he can but not SWP or Klose, both would simply not want to come here. SWP I hear is loving life to the full in London (should that be living? Nope I know what I mean( whereas Klose is on record as wanting to play outside Germany and then mentioned Real and Barca, which shows exactly the type of club he will leave Germany for. In the same interview he referred to Bayern Munich as a big club but not big enough. So let's put that to bed.

Said it all for me Al :D

The Defoe rumour just won't go away so I think there is something behind that.

My opinion on this is that the rumour is journalism and possible leaks from the summer.

I think it's based on Defoe and Jol obviously not getting on.

Baros not being first choice so far - and that he as injured in WC and we needed a striker.

MO'N's comments on Defoe not being selected for WC pointing out that he likes Defoe.

We've got money that we've not had before.

A rumour that we were to sign him in August but as the takeover hadn't gone far enough we missed out.

But given all that I still don't want him as I personally think he is not good enough to displace any of our four front line forwards.

I definitely think that Bent is gettable and a marked improvement on what we currently have.

Absolutely no chance that relegation troubled Charlton will sell their only hope of staying up in January. No way. Absolutely not.

End of season maybe, but we already have 3 pacy type strikers, I think we need to be lookin at more of a big hold up type player like Sutton. For my money he should come from '6 strikers' West Ham and be called Dean Ashton.

Absolutely no chance that relegation troubled Charlton will sell their only hope of staying up in January. No way. Absolutely not.

I wouldn't be so sure. They're not exactly the most ambitious of clubs are they? He's gettable, but it would be at the wrong price......

Charlton may have to rebuild their team in order to survive and so will need cash. He's their only valuable player and they may have to cash in.

As for those sure Klose wouldnt come. Milan Baros left a team that had just won the CL after being the glden boot winner at Euro 2004 and turned down clubs in the CL to come to Villa. Not only Villa but DOL's 10th placed Villa.

Who would have thought that Carlos Tevez and Mascherano would show up at West Ham? You just cant say it wont happen any more. Well, you can. But it doesnt mean it wont. Klose may go elsewhere but it doesnt mean we shouldnt be trying to persude him to come here. Him or any other class player who MON thinks would be right for us.

milan baros and klose are in slightly different positions baros couldn't get a game, klose is a regular for werder bremen and he has already stated an ambition to move to barcelona or real madrid.. so i'm not too sure whether a move to birmingham will turn his head too much if not playing champions league football isn't enough

if klose is still playing for werder bremen and we progress how we hope too then maybe the season after next he would be willing to join, otherwise i can't see him not playing for one of the elite clubs

milan baros and klose are in slightly different positions baros couldn't get a game, klose is a regular for werder bremen and he has already stated an ambition to move to barcelona or real madrid.. so i'm not too sure whether a move to birmingham will turn his head too much if not playing champions league football isn't enough

if klose is still playing for werder bremen and we progress how we hope too then maybe the season after next he would be willing to join, otherwise i can't see him not playing for one of the elite clubs

If MON wanted Klose, then id imagine that Baros would be going the other way, and i reacon Bremen would take that aswell, but it all comes down to the player and this season we must get into europe if these types of players are going to join!

Charlton may have to rebuild their team in order to survive and so will need cash. He's their only valuable player and they may have to cash in.

As for those sure Klose wouldnt come. Milan Baros left a team that had just won the CL after being the glden boot winner at Euro 2004 and turned down clubs in the CL to come to Villa. Not only Villa but DOL's 10th placed Villa.

Who would have thought that Carlos Tevez and Mascherano would show up at West Ham? You just cant say it wont happen any more. Well, you can. But it doesnt mean it wont. Klose may go elsewhere but it doesnt mean we shouldnt be trying to persude him to come here. Him or any other class player who MON thinks would be right for us.

If we can match the fee and the wages required, which we can, and we dont think it's a rip-off, which we don't know yet, then Klose would be here. Fact!