Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

If we can match the fee and the wages required, which we can, and we dont think it's a rip-off, which we don't know yet, then Klose would be here. Fact!

your havin a laugh ain't ya?

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=14000

Werder Bremen striker Miroslav Klose admits he hopes to win a move to Spain to either Barcelona or Real Madrid.

While denying reports linking him with Bayern Munich, Klose said: "Bayern is a great team. But I want to stress that when I must change, my aim will be to change to a foreign team, to a club of stars like, for example, Real Madrid or Barcelona."

if we could match his price and wages i'm sure a host of others could, who are playing champions league football

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: DDID

For the record I rate our chances of signing Klose as minimal at best - Podolski on the other hand would probably be tempted.

if this was pro evolution soccer, zidane will be respawned in time for next season. he'll be 17, and on a free contract. i reckon we should just sit tight for him.

he's only recently signed for bayern hasn't he? im sure he intends too stay there for a wee while yet

i think hes out of our price range as well as hes only young

Eh? :?

How do you know what our price range is? Even MON reckons he doesnt know yet.

I swear people are loosing their minds on the opium of Doug Ellis' departure. We're on the way up, make no mistake about it, but we're still a mid-table club and players are not going to be leaping from Champions League playing European giants to risk our revolution of potential just yet.

lets just say he will cost 20 million +, they bought him for 10 mill at the start of the season and that was from a small club so thats why they probably got him cheap, so they will not let him go unless its for a lot more money, as he is capable of scoring at the highest level in the world cup where he won best young player award and he scored in the champions league recently, and from what he was like for the national team he looks like he will be an excellent player and he is only 21,

and i would predict our transfer budget is 25 million max & thats being optimistic

i'm not too sure MON will spend that sort of money on 1 player when we need to bolster in many areas

we have a lot better chance of getting klose than podolski, and managing to attract klose is very doubtful, so even if we did pay big money for him, he wouldn't want to join anyway, i mean why would he? hes just signed for the biggest team in his home country im sure he intends to stay there for a fare few years

(he signed for bayern before the world cup so his stock will have risen a lot from 10 mill)

Don't know wether Klose would want to come here or not, But I'm pretty f**king sure that he won't go to Madrid or Barcelona or any club at that level. He ain't good enough. And when he realises that he might come here. But not in january, no chance. And Podolski? Less chance as some have said already. Actually I think we should go for Trez. IMO he's even better than Klose but I guess that's just me. :P And me basing this on old performances too.

what about getting some proven Premiership quality, I'm not always so overjoyed about getting foreigners in. Rather pay more premium for more proven in the Premiership because it's a different type of football we play in this league.....I mean Crespo, Veron, Kluivert.....all great players before they came here but have really flopped here......I'm not interested in the Darren Bents of this world, there must be other proven talents.

I like us to build a real solid base before we start thinking of a number of extravegent players. One or two big stars yes, to bring in marketable revenue but we are still a mid table team and we need to strengthen the squad with better quality than we have then we can have these flair players.

Look at West Ham, barely average team of donkeys, brought in two world class players who will struggle at least at the beginning.....expectation so high, too much pressure, too much of a gap between the other players both on and off the pitch, both in technique and salary, can only cause problems.

I want fast growth of this club but not too rapid otherwise we'll trip over our own feet....MON is the man and will be wise I think

The Mirror

12 October 2006

SIMPLI BEST FOR O'NEILL

MARTIN O'Neill wants to boost Aston Villa in the New Year by splashing out £6million on Brazilian midfielder Simplicio from Serie A high-flyers Palermo.

Simplicio (above) was a star turn helping the Italian club wreck West Ham in the UEFA Cup - but he fancies a move to Spain or England.

Palermo don't want to lose the South American but O'Neill will fight hard to get his man with Randy Lerner's fortune.

Fabio Simlicio- what a singing he'd be! Didn't think we were after central midfielders with the singing of Petrov and the good form of Mccan and Davis.

Doubt there's much truth as palermo only signed him in the summer but it would be massive coup for us!

You're not interested in the Darren Bents of this world? English strikers who score 20+ league goals?

Well, I am. I'd be absolutely delighted if we signed him. He can play on his own, is good in the air, quick and a great finisher. What else do we need? His all round game is easily better than Klose but Klose is better in the air. Arguably the best aerial player in the world in fact. But Klose isnt going to be pushing Horseface or Eto'o out of any team any time soon.

Podolski for 20m+. Now I have heard it all.