Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't do short links but look at this for a goal by maloney, if he does stuff like that often he would be a dream signing

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-9064474911846837710&q=maloney

the first 3 to go an celebrate with him all villans :winkold:

That was a quality goal and would love to see that at the Villa. But you can't judge everything on one great goal and I'm yet to be convinced (far from it) that being great in Scotland means anything in the Premiership. Hope to be proved wrong though and Petrov is looking good.

LOL, sorry i always find it hard to believe when someone calls a player 'the dogs bollox' i think i'd like a reason arguement, Personally i don't think Nolan would take McCann's place, think Nolan's position is covered by a better player (petrov)

He can hold the ball up, good in the air, has good vision, can tackle and has a great engine. I think he's about the best 'all round' midfielder England has produced in the last 5-10 years. He, McCann and Petrov in a midfield three would be ace.

i would take nolan and barton in a shot, both are the gareth barry's of there clubs in a way, as they are the best players in there teams, and whenever i've seen them they have been excellent, so they are definatly good enough for villa, both would make big impacts.

maloneys only been linked with man united and arsenal so he must have something about him, and someone previously said MON always use to play him so i can't imagine martin ignoring him especially on a cut price in jan.

Guest VillaFan1

Nolan - Yes please

Joey Barton - Yes please

Darren bent - Yes please

Tim Cahill - Yes please

Any four of these would be nice or all of them but i should imagine that will cost some serious £££££££

joey barton is like robbie savage, opposings teams hate him but respects what he does, and he is a far better player than savage btw. he would be in direct composition with gav for the midfield generals role, i for one think gav has been magnificent this year, however do think barton is a better all round, the nasty basterd our team lacks.

nolan= no chance, on the basis big sam claimed he is worth 20mill.

cahill, love him.

darren bent, jugding by most the posts on here i must be the only person in the world that thinks he is overrated, yes he scored lots of goals last year but i belive every striker has one good season, the good ones have 2 or 3, the great ones produce year in year out, see forrseell, cristie, stewart, bt etc.

Guest VillaFan1

IVE GOT IT ! we should sign Francis Jeffers he,s pure quality and would hit 40+ (nah im jokin) :lol:

Good player i wouldnt say world class i wouldnt mind that brazilian lad simplicio who we were linked to obviously as a midfielder though :)

IVE GOT IT ! we should sign Francis Jeffers he,s pure quality and would hit 40+ (nah im jokin) :lol:

Good player i wouldnt say world class i wouldnt mind that brazilian lad simplicio who we were linked to obviously as a midfielder though :)

going to parma, done deal.

He played for Parma last season..... is he going back?

As for Barton.... one year ago he almost got fired and was seen as a pretty lousy player. Last season he was rather good, netting a few goals as well as being in contention of a spot in the national side. Now he is back to a more regular level I think, which isn't world class at all.

darren bent, jugding by most the posts on here i must be the only person in the world that thinks he is overrated, yes he scored lots of goals last year but i belive every striker has one good season, the good ones have 2 or 3, the great ones produce year in year out, see forrseell, cristie, stewart, bt etc.

Obviously didn't read a post of mine then, I totally agree with that. Darren Bent - not anywhere as good as his publicity suggests

I really can't see this happening, he joined Palermo from the disintergrating Parma, Palermo have big asperations (similar to us) and that is why he joined them only 4 months ago.

sorry, wrong way around, aint coming to villa though.

Obviously didn't read a post of mine then, I totally agree with that. Darren Bent - not anywhere as good as his publicity suggests

sorry bicks must have missed your post.

for 3 or 4 milloin yes, snap him up, the 10 or 12 being talked about is a joke, again see marcus stewart, contary to popular belive i think charlton if they have any sense will sell him january whilst his value is seemingly so high, they would be sillt not to.

he might not be worth 12 million, but thats what you would have to pay in order to get him, hes only 21 and im guessing marcus stewart was quite abit older than that.

also you have to consider he scored loads whilst playing up front on his own, now he hasn't been in great form but has still scored a few even though the team is struggling a lot.

if palace sold AJ for 8 million after having 1 good season in the prem, then charlton are going to expect more as he is younger, and they will be reluctant to sell him, i think palace only sold AJ because they owed it to him as he stayed loyal for them but they new he was premiership quality an didn't want to hold him back.

i will eat my hat if he left for under 6 million, he might only be worth that in your eyes but to charltons hes alot more, and finding an englishman who can score regularly in the premiership is hard to come by, they would never sell him for small money, as they wouldn't be able to get a suitable replacement