Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

You're not interested in the Darren Bents of this world? English strikers who score 20+ league goals?

Well, I am. I'd be absolutely delighted if we signed him. He can play on his own, is good in the air, quick and a great finisher. What else do we need? His all round game is easily better than Klose but Klose is better in the air. Arguably the best aerial player in the world in fact. But Klose isnt going to be pushing Horseface or Eto'o out of any team any time soon.

Podolski for 20m+. Now I have heard it all.

This is the same Darren Bent that played at VP recently? Or are there two, I'm a little confused

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not interested in the Darren Bents of this world? English strikers who score 20+ league goals?

Well, I am. I'd be absolutely delighted if we signed him. He can play on his own, is good in the air, quick and a great finisher. What else do we need? His all round game is easily better than Klose but Klose is better in the air. Arguably the best aerial player in the world in fact. But Klose isnt going to be pushing Horseface or Eto'o out of any team any time soon.

This is the same Darren Bent that played at VP recently? Or are there two, I'm a little confused

Thats the one yes. The England striker who cant get a game because his manager is an idiot and he doesnt play for Spurs. Does one game at VP for a crap team prove everything then?

Its still the player that has scored more goals than any of our other strikers (despite playing for a terrible team) thus far and was the highest scoring English striker in the league last year isnt it? Or am I thinking of the other one too?

How can you base his entire career or capabilities on one game? Anyway, during that game he gave Ridgewell a torrid time in the air. Thats no mean feat.

You really think Darren Bent wouldnt be a good player to have?

The more I think about it the more I am convinced that Richards from Citeh will be joining in January.

In fact if you look at the U21 line up from the other night then I think that it may reflect a few Villa players after January:

Carson, Richards, Baines, Steven Taylor, Ferdinand, Huddlestone, Reo-Coker, Milner, Agbonlahor (Walcott 77), Nugent (Hoyte 67), Young (Jerome 90).

Subs Not Used: Alnwick, Kilgallon, Watson, Routledge

In addition I wouldn't mind betting that Bale from Southampton may be a target

Guest VillaFan1

Simpli Superb: this is the guy that tore apart west ham in the UEFA cup as i watched it with pleasure.

Its unlikely he will sign as he has only recently signed a 4 year contract.

Although i think Palermo may take up the option of taking 6 million.

Well ya never know but its a long shot :)

The more I think about it the more I am convinced that Richards from Citeh will be joining in January.

In fact if you look at the U21 line up from the other night then I think that it may reflect a few Villa players after January:

Carson, Richards, Baines, Steven Taylor, Ferdinand, Huddlestone, Reo-Coker, Milner, Agbonlahor (Walcott 77), Nugent (Hoyte 67), Young (Jerome 90).

Subs Not Used: Alnwick, Kilgallon, Watson, Routledge

In addition I wouldn't mind betting that Bale from Southampton may be a target

Exciting but alittle too optimistic, don't get me wrong would love them players but only possibly see one.

All depends on who MON wants, he might not even have a definite idea himself.

Think all the players mentioned by Richard are real possibilities, Possibly only Reo-Coker i wouldn't take nor would leave WH, although he is said to be very unhappy when West Ham rejected bids from ManUre before they signed carrick.

Thats quite optimistic for you Richard. :winkold:

Reports of my "manic depressive" nature are greatly exaggerated to the point of being myth

Well Richard, you are an accountant so I could understand why you may feel this way!

8)

what would you expect him too cost then? he was 10 million before the world cup and was one of the world cups best players and only 21 he will cost a lot more than 10 million now and thats excluding that bayern won't just sell him because they have been offered 7 million more than what they paid for him only a few months a go especially as he has plenty to offer them for many years

what would you expect him too cost then? he was 10 million before the world cup and was one of the world cups best players and only 21 he will cost a lot more than 10 million now and thats excluding that bayern won't just sell him because they have been offered 7 million more than what they paid for him only a few months a go especially as he has plenty to offer them for many years

you seem to be running low on full stops. here's a couple for you

:D

Thats quite optimistic for you Richard. :winkold:

Reports of my "manic depressive" nature are greatly exaggerated to the point of being myth

Well Richard, you are an accountant so I could understand why you may feel this way!

8)

8)

you seem to be running low on full stops. here's a couple for you

:D

While I was reading that I seemed to drift into Vicky Pollard character :lol: