Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Richards would definitely be on my list of targets. I dont think he'd cost as much as some people think he would but we've had that discussion already.

I say lets test Citeh with a £4m-£5m bid. Same for Stephen Appiah.

SWP on loan with a permanent deal agreed and finally Klose or Bent. I really think we'd be a force then.

------------------------------------Sorensen------------------------------------

Richards-----------Mellberg------------------Ridgewell--------------Barry

-------------------------------McCann/Appiah---------------------------------

--------------Davis/Sidwell------------------------Petrov--------------------

Agbonlahor----------------------------------------------------------------SWP

-------------------------------Klose or Bent/Angel----------------------------

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Richards

Appiah

Sidwell

SWP

Bent

Klose

Which are unrealistic targets there?

Which comes first? getting into the top 5 or getting the players to get you into the top 5? Arguably if you get to the top 5 with the current squad then you already have the players to get there!!

Richards

Appiah

Sidwell

SWP

Bent

Klose

I´d say Richards and Klose.

I remember reading somewhere that Klose will only go to a "super"-club.

In my mind Villa is a "super"-club, dont know if it is that in Kloses mind...

As for Richards I think Chelsea will offer Man City and Richards himself silly money.

IMO Klose & Richards are the unrealistic targets as of today.

Klose wants out of Germany but he will only go to what he would perceive to be a top team. He wont want to join a 'work in progress'. He will want champions league football from day one.

Richards is such a talent that the instant we went in for him we'd have the 'top 4' in after us aswell, and I don't think Richards would see a move from Man Citeh to Villa as being a step up. More a step sideways. Regardless of what WE think.

The rest we can get (depending on availability in SWP's case).

Richards

Appiah

Sidwell

SWP

Bent

Klose

Which comes first? getting into the top 5 or getting the players to get you into the top 5? Arguably if you get to the top 5 with the current squad then you already have the players to get there!!

I'd say that Klose would be the least likely of that list. The rest are definately gettable. Though there is no harm in trying as you never know otherwise!

I think that we could sneak into the top 5 this season if we have luck on our side with injuries, but we'd need to buy better to maintain top 5 for next season. Reaching top 5 this season will allow us a better chance of getting the best available players to the club.

I think Richards and Klose are emminently gettable.

I mean would any of the top four be interested in Richards?

Apart from that players these days are viewing joining clubs from a perspective of whether they will play regularly or not. Well imo they are, I think that particular thought is one which is playing an ever increasing importance to them, especially considering the players that have gone to big clubs and then seen their careers stall.

I mean would any of the top four be interested in Richards?

In my opinion absolutely 100% yes. I'd be flabbergasted if 1 of them didn't go in for him.

Richards

Appiah

Sidwell

SWP

Bent

Klose

Appiah

SWP

Klose

Richards

All will want to go to a 'big' club which we are not...yet! All will want, if they move european football which we can not give them....yet!

I think some of you underestimate just how attractive an option Villa could be at the moment.

A massive club with plenty of resources to go all the way to the top and one of the best managers in the business.

If MON can choose Villa then I'm pretty sure Micah Richards and Miroslav Klose could too.

Surely we're looking at improving the squad? In which case we need better players than we already have. I also think some of you are exagerating the stature of some players. Micah Richards for instance, is not remotely world class yet and I seriously doubt Chelsea are after him despite what a few rags would say. He isnt good enough to play in one the top 4 teams at the moment (in my opinion) but he could start for us.

Anyway, I think the players I mentioned are quite gettable and if not, there are others. If not Klose, then Darren Bent for instance. Why not?

This isnt Dougs Villa any more. Its an historically major force in football heading back to where it should be under the stewardship of a billionaire and the worlds leading Sports media agency.

Besides, discussing which top class players we can and cannot get is a refreshing change, is it not? ;)

Richards

Appiah

Sidwell

SWP

Bent

Klose

Appiah

SWP

Klose

Richards

All will want to go to a 'big' club which we are not...yet! All will want, if they move european football which we can not give them....yet!

I agree with the initial sentiment Jez but I'd be bloody sure we'd have a blinding sales pitch to throw at these guys who are looking for a "big club".

I'm with Richard on this, why would Richarss be wanted by the top 4?

Why would Richards want such a move - surely he can see whats happened to SWP?

If we're still in the top 6 or so in January, theres no way Richards can consider a move to us to be a step sideways, league position, manager, training facilities, owner with money, team on the up

- which of those applies to citeh? Eminently "gettable" imo