Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Just seen on the OS that the barcodes have joined us and man city in for steve sidwell!! well ive championed him for a while and he will be available in jan for a reduced price as his contract expires in the summer. will definately challenge mccann and fits the bill of what we want.....yound, enligsh and hungry....bit like milner but i aint going over that again!!!!

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have thought Sidwell would be more like Petrov than McCann. A goalscoring attacking midfielder. Not saying I don't WANT him, just that McCann's position is safe .... for now.

well i thought when we played them earlier this season he broke up more play and was all over the field tackling and generally making life a bit difficult for us in the middle of the park, but you may be right, would love to have him in the side. i think we would have another england challenger along with GB if we got sidwell, i also think he is more likely to come to us instead of city and the barcodes

in the championship he was an all action midfielder i think, abit like davis and petrov as they get around the pitch

knowone should take any notice of that football-rumours, ive submitted plenty of ridiculous rumours on it because im 'the uncle of doug ellis and he told me over dinner we are going to sign robinho on loan, because aston villa are popular in brazil and he always use to watch them as a child', there all just people clearly having a laugh

I'd have thought Sidwell would be more like Petrov than McCann. A goalscoring attacking midfielder. Not saying I don't WANT him, just that McCann's position is safe .... for now.

we need cover for mccann - he is injury prone

??? Agreed. My point was that Sid aint that cover.

??? Agreed. My point was that Sid aint that cover.

sorry - wasn't in context of your quote BOF. I'd like to see a young understudy shadow mccann. cant we go and raid the ghana, senegal or ivory coast team? they seem to have a surefit of potential holding midfielders.

Sidwell is more similar to..... Scott Parker or Stan Petrov for instance. He gets from box to box, breaks up play and likes to get forward to support the attack too.

I know McCann is playing well but there is an argument for playing somebody who can win the ball as Gavin does and also have quality in the oppostion half where Gav struggles in all honesty.

I thought we were priming osbourne to cover McCann?

Wasn't that the previous administrations plan? Rely on the youth and hope for the best? As far as I know, Osbourne is a promising youngster and nothing more at this present time.

what would you say if MON went back for an old favourite in Robbie Savage ??

If he wasn't the wrong side of 30 I'd welcome him. I'd much rather we flash the cash on a 'can't miss' youngster.

The emphasis on youth was one of the previous administrations best policies. We can't write off everything Doug did as hopeless, just most of it. The reaon we have players like Davis, Ridgewell, Moore and Agbonlahor is because of the previous administration getting it right. It's important to develop your talent and give it a chance to shine and not behave like Chelsea by jut thrrowing money at the situation.

Our current youth team coaches and staff are the ones that have got it right.

Investing in youth was merely a cost saving venture although credit where credit is due. Its worked/working.

The emphasis on youth was one of the previous administrations best policies. We can't write off everything Doug did as hopeless, just most of it. The reaon we have players like Davis, Ridgewell, Moore and Agbonlahor is because of the previous administration getting it right. It's important to develop your talent and give it a chance to shine and not behave like Chelsea by jut thrrowing money at the situation.

I agree with the principal, but there's a line between developing young players in a way that helps the club in the long term, then there's reliance. The likes of Ridgewell, Gardner and to a cirtain extent Davis were rushed and their (and our) form suffered as a result.

If the manager thinks Osbourne is ready then great, he'll get no arguments from me. As long as he IS ready and not used because the chairman is a tight arse rocket polisher.