Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a few people on this forum with their heads in the clouds...Podolski and Klose wouldn't dream of coming here...they are both established players who both play champions league football...why would either of them come to our club...

And to those who dislike the idea of Darren Bent...i cant understand why...hes a player who can play up front on his own...he is physically stron and strong in the air and hes proven himself in the Premiership...hes a player that wouldnt interest the top four aswell which is perfect for us...we should bag him up if we can...

The right side is a problem for us...I dont think Aaron Hughes is good enough...Now people have spoekn about Micah Richards who is a good shout...another right back we should look at who would be easier to attain is Glen Johnson who signed too early for Chelsea but has performed brilliantly for Portsmouth this year...He would be a good signing...

Everyone has brought up Appiah...is he actually available becuase he would be a decent holding player...

Another Chelsea reject we could get is Wayne Bridge...hes a top left back and is wasting himself as Chelsea...lets hope we go in for him...

These are all affordable young players who we should look at...we should also look at decent squad players...Our defence looks good if there are injuries...Our midfiled and trike force doesnt however...Sidwell and Ashley Young whilst not being good enough to be in our first team would be decent squad players for me...

Sorensen

Bridge

Mellberg

Ridgwell

G Johnson

Petrov

Barry

Reo Coker

Milner

Agbonlahor

Bent

Changed the team...i reckon MON will adopt 442 when he can...Now that is a good young side for me that will get betetr and better...It wouldnt cost more than 15mil to assemble this team ...

if we happened to put a joint bid in for bridge and wright phillips, how much would you think they would cost? i'm thinking 15 -17 mill probably, i doubt that would happen though but its alot more realistic than klose an podolski! which is laughable

glen johnson is on loan for the whole season isn't he?

an i think saviolas out the window now, as hes getting playing time now eto's out

if we happened to put a joint bid in for bridge and wright phillips, how much would you think they would cost? i'm thinking 15 -17 mill probably, i doubt that would happen though but its alot more realistic than klose an podolski! which is laughable

glen johnson is on loan for the whole season isn't he?

an i think saviolas out the window now, as hes getting playing time now eto's out

About Saviola I still think that Barcelona might sign a new player in january and that might make Saviola pretty mad and finally want to quit them. Just a thought.

As for Johnson I think you're right. And TBH I don't really rate him. Don't think he's really good enough, but then again I haven't seen him that much this season so I kight be very wrong.

Sorensen

Bridge

Mellberg

Ridgwell

G Johnson

Petrov

Barry

Reo Coker

Milner

Agbonlahor

Bent

Changed the team...i reckon MON will adopt 442 when he can...Now that is a good young side for me that will get betetr and better...It wouldnt cost more than 15mil to assemble this team ...

That would cost much more than 15million. I'd say the price tags below wouldn't be too far wrong

4 mil for Milner

10 for Bridge & Johnson

5 mil for Bent

7 mil for Reo-Coker

That's at least 26 million - may even be more than that as there is always a premium for English players

Actually you are right...it wouldnt be as cheap as i thought...i forgot Reo Coker when i did my calculations...But i reckon Johnson and Bridge could be got for under 10million...so even at around 20-25 million thats 5 good players...which is better than spending 20 on one player like some were suggesting for Podolski...

Actually you are right...it wouldnt be as cheap as i thought...i forgot Reo Coker when i did my calculations...But i reckon Johnson and Bridge could be got for under 10million...so even at around 20-25 million thats 5 good players...which is better than spending 20 on one player like some were suggesting for Podolski...

No one suggested spending that on Podolski,they suggested he could cost up to £20m.

I agree that you're better off probably getting 5 like that for one over-priced 'superstar' like a Podolski. Is the MON style as well. He seems to always create a real team ethic, where the sum of the parts are more important than any individual with a massive ego

Crossman...its for that reason i dont want so called 'big' players at the club...Saviola, Podolski, Klose would see themselves as bigger than the club if they did come here...thats why i would prefer 5 young players who will work hard as a team...

With you 100% & i'm pretty sure that is what will happen. MON clearly isn't into ego and from what you see and hear about Lerner (and the fact he isn't doing loads of TV interviews and stuff like that) I don't think he's the sort of guy who would want to bankroll a team of overpaid galacticos - he seems to prefer the good honest approach to doing things

After the Jan transfer window i'd like our team to resemble something like this:

...................................Sorenson................................

NEW RB............Mellberg........Laursen.............Barry

..........Petrov.............McCann.............Milner...........

SWP.................................................................Gabby

...................................Bent.........................................

I really think Milner could be a great central midfielder. There is a Gerrard-ness about him. Plus that formation allows us to revert to a standard 442 very easily. Push Gabby upfront alongside Bent and move Milner out to the left. That'll do for me! As for the RB....i'm just not sure who to get. Johnson or Richards would be great but doubt either would be available in Jan. May have to wait until next summer when we can strengthen our central midfield (Reo-Coker) and maybe a new goalie?

No way i would spend money on Milner we should forget him, yeah he stood out cause the rest of the team at the time where shit, James Milner is an average player, ,we now should be trying to get someone a little bit better than Milner and the only option is SWP in my opinion!