Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

I don't understand what you're saying, being from abroad is wrong?

No, I just asked if you, like I, have a local team that you support. Bit touchy aren't we?

But, calling me a spurs fan and suggesting that because I have a low post count I am talking bollocks is silly. You have a very high post count and confirm my belief in quality over quantity.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jeez ben abit hard on the guys arent we? judging people on low post counts (oh and 125 isnt a low post count in my eyes) seems abit childish...

who cares if spurs fans on another thread are laughing at us? Im laughing at their manager who looks like a cross between a pit bull and a night club bouncer...

If he does sign I want a whole thread devoted to randysvilla, AWOL and the other chap where u can kiss arse...

I know its unlikely, but please god let it be true, he is pure class and just what we need to kick start the revolution!

Anyone willing to put their money where their mouth is? Those very confident of not signing him pledging some money to VT if he does sign? Those who seem sure he's in talks (though I realise that doesn't mean he'll sign) pledging some money if he doesn't?

jeez ben abit hard on the guys arent we? judging people on low post counts (oh and 125 isnt a low post count in my eyes) seems abit childish...

I know its unlikely, but please god let it be true, he is pure class and just what we need to kick start the revolution!

Wow, support in the wilderness...

Just to stir it a bit more bye bye Baros

no problem AWOL, may you die a horrible horrible death and the devil trap you in a lifetime of pain if you are lying tho :)

£4 - 5 million for Baros yes please, altho id much prefer him to get back to his old form and partner whoever we do get in january...

when baros puts in as much effort as angel does he is far the better finisher..

I'm out of words. But I got a very good laugh thanks to some very funny posts. :lol: But you bastards. Made me stay up a lot longer than I had in mind to do. And even ate a bit which I really shouldn't before I go to bed. :angry:

Defoe aint coming to Villa. It will be someone like Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, short money, short deal, a stop-gap signing, just to right the ship and keep us competetive the rest of the year.

The summer is when the real money will be spent, on the real players. Next year, my friends, will be the year we are back among the best. Dont get your hopes up too high right now for the Defoes of the world.

Not that I believe Jermaine Defoe is coming to Villa and am in anyway saying I believe these three geezers, but I would just like to point out that 'RandysVilla' was as dead :roll: about 'AWOL's' claims as much as all the rest of you at the beginning. (Take a look, he was doubting AWOL the most)

So either he did actually talk to Mr Jermaine Defoe and started 'shaking' in excitement as he put it, or these three fella's (or ladies?) pre-planned to come on to this site and talk about some rubbish about Jermaine Defoe.

Cast:

Awol - The man with the info

RandysVilla - Starts off as a doubter, soon to be a believer, to add noises to Awol's claims.

Other geezers name - Gets his missus to do the work for him, could be some truth in what he says, lol.

^^^ Just joking btw, don't take offence lads, it's 4.34am in the morning, i've had a few beers, just got home and just read 30 more pages of this transfer thread that wasn't here the last time I looked this afternoon.

Either Awol is telling the truth or he isn't. We'll soon find out, because if Jermaine Defoe is in Birmingham tomorrow, it'll be because a fee has been agreed, talks about personal terms will take place, with the medical probably concluding the days events by the evening. Either way, if this is stone wall, it should be done tomorrow, I see no reason why it wouldn't. (If the claims are true of course). :winkold:

Up the Villa!!

Also, whilst I'm here.

The Marlon Harewood rumour interests me. Alot of people are already hating on this suggestion, but I don't know. I think he could be a good addition to our squad.

Now I'm not the usual kind of guy to hate on any of our players, and I have been known in the past to be a bit of an 'Angel lover', no matter what he does or how he plays. But, enough is enough. I think we still would have drawn on Tuesday without Angel, he offered nothing to us but giving the ball away.

The problem here is that Mr Baros doesn't want to be here, Mr Sutton, Mr Moore are injured and well Mr Agbonlahor has played far too many games for a kid at this stage of his development. So that only leaves us with Juan Pablo, and he's guaranteed to play, he knows this and we know this.

Harewood for me would be a great addition because he is everything Angel isn't, and the kind of player every team should have. Sure, he won't be the best of his trade, but he certainly won't be the worst. We need someone who is gonna run round, challenging defenders constitently, never giving them time on the ball, someone who is gonna get stuck in and win headers, someone who is going to really give it his all week in, week out. Harewood strikes me as one of these players, but he does have a knack of missing a fair few chances - my answer to that is:- 'Who doesn't?' You know?

For £2-3m as has been touted on here, Harewood would be a good buy, he's still quite young I think (but don't quote me on that, 27?) so has his best years ahead of him. He's one for the future too. If we do get say a Jermaine Defoe etc, Harewood would be a good player to play with him or to come off the bench for him. This game is all about rotation and I for one would like to see Harewood here, because unlike the likes of Sutton, Agathe, Djemba Djemba etc, the guy will have a future here and will do us a good job for many years.

Before I go to bed:-

Shaun Wright Phillips:-

Off to West Ham apparantly, £9.8m. (Sun newspaper)

Source - http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007000371,00.html

Find it hard to believe we weren't in for him, as right sided midfield was a clear area we needed to strengthen. Hopefully this deal isn't as far into negotiations as the Sun have made out, and MON can still tempt him to come to the Villa.

People forget too quickly what a great player he is. He's never had the chance at Chelsea, if he goes to West Ham, or Aston Villa, or Newcastle United, you can guarantee he'll be there for next 5-6 years, and most likely go down as one of the greatest players to grace that club. He is that good IMO, and he would be my number one transfer target, because he is available, and players like him don't tend to be available in the January window.

(posted it in the SWP thread, but then realised I should have put it here, apologies).

Sky sports have Lucas Neil's agent saying bids have been made for him, anyone think Villa might have been one of the clubs to make a bid?

Why would we want to bid for Lucas Neil's agent/

Can he play football?

Find it hard to believe we weren't in for him, as right sided midfield was a clear area we needed to strengthen.

What makes you think we weren't/aren't in for him? just becasue we want a player, match the requested fee and offer to pay him enough, there is no guarantee he will come. There has been alot of talk about SWP wanting to stay in london after all