• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Veron

Angel

Forlan

Tevez

Mascerano

Well there is five i can remember at the moment who commanded substantial fees and struggled to adapt to the game.

Alberto Tarantini

Don't forget Birmingham City's bombshell - Figueroa.

I wonder where 3 little posters are today. ;)

Anyway, is it good news or bad news with no news at all? MON says it's not likely we'll get any signings before theb Manure-game, well, when is the time we don't accept that anymore? Not saying anything bad about him but we badly need new players and as soon as possible. We've got 2 crucial games in front of us and needs new signings before then.

I have a feeling that Robert Earnshaw may be joining

I blumin hope not.

Tried and failed in the Prem.

And ridiculous goal celebrations too.

More importantly Ali he's very very ugly.

Pretty players only please.

Apparently.

(now Alan Smith and his cherry lips on the other hand....oooh!)

I blumin hope not.

Apparently.

I'd take Harewood though, ugly word removed, but decent player.

I blumin hope not.

Failed? Really? 11 goals in 04/05 for a side battling bottom of the table most of the year, fell out with that plonker Robson and barely played in 05/06, now leading the scoring charts (again) with Norwich.

He's not ideal, but he's a decent player.

I blumin hope not.

Apparently.

I'd take Harewood though, ugly word removed, but decent player.

earthwrm.jpg

OH MY GOD!!!!

...my mates brother told him that gareth barry was spotted in a service station near london colney.. for real!!

Arsenal train near there dont they?

Here we go again...

I once bought a dog off this guy who used to know someone that was a friend of Ellis's milkman, apparently we were gonna but Ronaldinho if DOL and HDE had stil been in power.....

I understand that as football fans we do not normally take a step back and remind ourselves of where we were and that comparisons are frowned upon by some elements for whatever reason, however, at this stage of the transfer window and with murmurings of disappointment at each new player link, can I just take you back 12 short months.

Last January we had a dispirited team, underperforming and taking us nowhere but relegation which needed strengthening with quality in every position. A board unwilling to invest in team building and in fact cancelling the loan signing of an injury plagued player that some saw as our seasons saviour. We bought no one. We were linked with no one and the general feeling in the press was why link anyone to Villa as it's not going to happen.

This year we have a team performing to their level or above, a good nucleus of a squad that needs improving in some key area's and a board, seemingly willing to back their manager and invest where required. We have bought one player for 6.5 Million] and have so far been linked to:

Robbie Keane, Jermain Defoe, James Milner, Matthew Upson, Curtis Davies, Darren Bent, Andy Griffin, Matt Murray, Joey Barton, Darren Bent, Zoltan Gera, Richard Stearman, Phil Bardsley, David Nugent, Garry O'Connor, Neil Eardley, Markus Katzer, Lucas Neill, Shaun Maloney and Bobo Balde.

Admittedly these are just links but at least the press are taking us as realistic spenders in January.

Just wanted to put this into perspective a bit.