Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill is not sure if striker Milan Baros wants to stay at the club.

The Czech Republic international has endured a frustrating season with Villa, having recovered slowly from a foot injury sustained in last summer's World Cup finals.

The 25-year-old has scored only once this season under O'Neill and his lack of first-team action has prompted speculation of a move away from the club.

The former Banik Ostrava and Liverpool hit-man was linked with a move to French champions Lyon, while fresh reports suggest Spanish strugglers Real Sociedad are keen to lure him to the Basque Country this month.

O'Neill says it is up to Baros to try and find the prolific form that made him a top marksman.

"I wouldn't be sure if he wanted to stay," O'Neill said in the Daily Mirror. "If a striker is not scoring goals, then he is going to ask himself some questions.

"He is still trying to find the form that earned him a move to Liverpool and won him the golden boot (at Euro 2004).

"He scored against Sheffield United and like everyone else, goals give boosts of confidence.

"Milan has started a fair few games for us and when he hasn't started, he has been on the bench.

"But ultimately it is up to players - I don't have a magic wand to bring the best out of people."

scarily Brazil and Beakie on Talksport this morning linked Barry and Gabby with Chelsea.

Give us £10m and you can have the one trick pony methinks. Getting a little tired of his rabbit in a headlights impression.

Barry? How does it go? "**** off Mourinho, **** off Mourinho......."

not to piss on anyones bonfires, but my mate who's a spurs fan is saying that their fan boards are going on about Barry to them. Supposedly he's a spurs fan?

Barry for Defoe would be 2 steps forward, 1 back IMO

Defoe is probably still at Hoar Cross Hall, enjoying his extensive buffet breakfast or maybe taking in Unlimited use of: swimming pools, water grottos, whirlpool spas, saunas, and steamrooms, saunarium, aromatherapy room, relaxation zones, activity and relaxation classes, gymnasium, tennis, boules, croquet, golf academy, jogging track, trim trail, archery class and bicycles.

Or maybe he is visiting the Hair Salon to provide that perfect "gangster look" finish to his stay or enjoying browsing through the exciting range of leisure and designer wear in the Boutique.

not to piss on anyones bonfires, but my mate who's a spurs fan is saying that their fan boards are going on about Barry to them. Supposedly he's a spurs fan?

Yes, apparently Barry was seen sleeping on the Embankment the night before last and by last night had moved on to Seven Sisters station. You can probably see him on Wikimapia if he's still there.

Yes, apparently Barry was seen sleeping on the Embankment the night before last and by last night had moved on to Seven Sisters station. You can probably see him on Wikimapia if he's still there.

Don't be daft. I didn't say Gary Charles.

Anyway, if I didn't have loads to do I'd dig out a link.

Well reading the new 34 pages of this thread since I was last on here was a waste of time...

Come on, Duffy. Wasn't it fun? I laughed a lot. Seriously. With one ov CV's post being the most funny. :lol: It was well worth it. :lol:

No Defoe yet? Harewood it is then.

scarily Brazil and Beakie on Talksport this morning linked Barry and Gabby with Chelsea.

Give us £10m and you can have the one trick pony methinks. Getting a little tired of his rabbit in a headlights impression.

Barry? How does it go? "**** off Mourinho, **** off Mourinho......."

25mil each or **** off!!

As for rabbits in the headlights i disagree he is young and has played every minute of every game this season, of which this is his "rookie" year! He is also playing out of position and doing a very god job, get him rested and then back in a 433 or through the middle and he will be more effective.

Gabby is an exciting raw talent so at this stage of his career with previously mentioned factors taken into consideration you have to take the good with the bad.

Mascherano has asked to leave West Ham...

Does anyone think that he'd be worth a shot if we can buy him out his contract with MSI?

Yes, absolutely.

No doubt. Can't see why he hasn't made it so far but he's got world class talent, IMO.

Mascherano has asked to leave West Ham...

Does anyone think that he'd be worth a shot if we can buy him out his contract with MSI?

Yes, absolutely.

I cant understand with all the hype surrounding this player and the talk about his value in the transfer market how he cant get near the 1st 11 at the Appy Ammers!

Got to be worth a shot but im not sure id be happy spending good money on him!

Have read on other forums we're being linked with PSV and Australian midfielder Jason Culina again.

What are everyone's thoughts?

I personally think he'd be great. Has a high workrate, good passing and seems to be everywhere on the field every time I see him play. Would take the pressure off Petrov and allow him to focus on being creative.