Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Mascherano has asked to leave West Ham...

Does anyone think that he'd be worth a shot if we can buy him out his contract with MSI?

Yes, absolutely.

No doubt. Can't see why he hasn't made it so far but he's got world class talent, IMO.

For a start he's barely played and hasn't been given the time to adapt. When he has played, I think he's been used incorrectly. He's best sat infront of the back 4 winning the ball and dictating the tempo.

Talksport said he was looking to move to Liverpool

More realistic.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone think that he'd be worth a shot if we can buy him out his contract with MSI?

Yes, absolutely.

I cant understand with all the hype surrounding this player and the talk about his value in the transfer market how he cant get near the 1st 11 at the Appy Ammers!

Got to be worth a shot but im not sure id be happy spending good money on him!

He couldn't get near the first 11 @ the Hammers because Pardew is an idiot.

Did you see any of the Argie games at the World Cup?

Have read on other forums we're being linked with PSV and Australian midfielder Jason Culina again.

What are everyone's thoughts?

I personally think he'd be great. Has a high workrate, good passing and seems to be everywhere on the field every time I see him play. Would take the pressure off Petrov and allow him to focus on being creative.

Dont know anything about him. How old is he?

Isn't it also possible that he's just not suited to the English game?

As Curbishley doesn't seem to be rushing him into the first team.

No shame in not being able to adapt, some players don't.

scarily Brazil and Beakie on Talksport this morning linked Barry and Gabby with Chelsea.

Give us £10m and you can have the one trick pony methinks. Getting a little tired of his rabbit in a headlights impression.

Barry? How does it go? "**** off Mourinho, **** off Mourinho......."

25mil each or **** off!!

As for rabbits in the headlights i disagree he is young and has played every minute of every game this season, of which this is his "rookie" year! He is also playing out of position and doing a very god job, get him rested and then back in a 433 or through the middle and he will be more effective.

Gabby is an exciting raw talent so at this stage of his career with previously mentioned factors taken into consideration you have to take the good with the bad.

MON has also said Gabby has been carrying an ankle injury for the last two games, so you can't criticise the lad for wanting to keep on playing, and we don't really have too much in the way of alternatives.

Just hope MON doesn't end up with another JLS who DOL continued to play carrying an injury and that certainly did him no favours.

Have read on other forums we're being linked with PSV and Australian midfielder Jason Culina again.

What are everyone's thoughts?

I personally think he'd be great. Has a high workrate, good passing and seems to be everywhere on the field every time I see him play. Would take the pressure off Petrov and allow him to focus on being creative.

Dont know anything about him. How old is he?

25/26 from memory...

Isn't it also possible that he's just not suited to the English game?

No. His style is perfect for the English game. Don't be fooled by the baby face, he's a real **** hard nut.

Mascerano has done nothing at west ham so im unsure about him and whether or not id be happy if we signed him. Undoubtedly he is a quality player but he looks likely to be another name added to the list of argentinians who cant cut it in the prem, so it could be a horrible deal in the making.

I suppose It depends on the deal and the contract as that situation is rather strange so i wouldnt want us to sign him if it was some dodgy deal which it seemingly would have to be. The liverpool link is a strange one, they have sissoko and Alonso so why would they need mascerano?

MON has also said Gabby has been carrying an ankle injury for the last two games, so you can't criticise the lad for wanting to keep on playing, and we don't really have too much in the way of alternatives.

Just hope MON doesn't end up with another JLS who DOL continued to play carrying an injury and that certainly did him no favours.

For sure, we need a few wide players and a forward or two this window to help give gabby a rest.

EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY GAME!!!!! He needs one or he will be next seasons steven davis.

Yes, absolutely.

I cant understand with all the hype surrounding this player and the talk about his value in the transfer market how he cant get near the 1st 11 at the Appy Ammers!

Got to be worth a shot but im not sure id be happy spending good money on him!

Yeah I saw him play at the world cup but thats no guarantee he can cut it in the premiership, the game is littered with players that have shone in tournaments and have faultered after. Not saying he will but I would not sign him on that basis either.

It is not only Pardew who has ignored him but (admittedlyonly after a few games) Curbishley as well!

Buying a player on reputation that successive managers overlook .....we've been here before!

Undoubtedly he is a quality player but he looks likely to be another name added to the list of argentinians who cant cut it in the prem

After 6 or 7 appearences, of which you've probably seen 2 or 3 at most? Come on.......

They strugle to adapt to the english game, if he is so good why has he only played 6 or 7 appearances then? Dont get me wrong i rate him and he is a class player who despite his struggles at wham id love him at Villa but would be woried about wheteher he can settle and adapt and get his game going again.

Looks like Baros is heading out from Villa according to many reports surrounding MON´s latest statement that he is unsure over Baros commitment to the club...

It also looks like Alan Smith, Man U, is heading for Villa Park in an initial loan deal over six months according to this story...

Alan Smith story

Is SWP-deal out of Villa´s hands? It seems that West Ham is very confident over that they have struck a deal with Chelsea to buy him...for £9.8m...

If West Ham can strike that deal then I wonder where Villa are...we need a good and pacy winger...and SWP offers the lot! £9.8m doesnt seem expensive for that player...I think he would do great at Villa. Please get in there Lerner!