Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

OH MY GOD!!!!

...my mates brother told him that gareth barry was spotted in a service station near london colney.. for real!!

Arsenal train near there dont they?

Here we go again...

I once bought a dog off this guy who used to know someone that was a friend of Ellis's milkman, apparently we were gonna but Ronaldinho if DOL and HDE had stil been in power.....

Yeah cool! .. and no word of a lie! I once delivered David Ginola's Christmas Tree ;)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OH MY GOD!!!!

...my mates brother told him that gareth barry was spotted in a service station near london colney.. for real!!

Here we go again...

I once bought a dog off this guy who used to know someone that was a friend of Ellis's milkman, apparently we were gonna but Ronaldinho if DOL and HDE had stil been in power.....

Yeah cool! .. and no word of a lie! I once delivered David Ginola's Christmas Tree ;)

I can tell you where you should have put it too. He was more suited to fairy on a tree than winger.

Earnshaw is a decent goal-scorer but his general play is rubbish.

If he isnt scoring then it's like playing with 10 men. A very poor mans Jermaine Defoe.

Barry is going nowhere....he's far too slow to move to Arsenal who only buy fast players. He's not going to Spurs as he would have done in the summer if he was going to. Since then he's signed a new contract and been made captain. Let other fans dream of him all they want.

Alan Smith would be great though. Very similar to Robbie Keane.

One of our rumoured transfers has a bid rejected, from another team :roll:

Preston 'reject £6m Nugent offer'

Preston have reportedly rejected a £6m bid from Sheffield United for England Under-21 international David Nugent.

North End chairman Derek Shaw stated on Wednesday that the 21-year-old - linked with numerous clubs - will not be sold in the January transfer window.

"We do not want to sell him. We want to get to the Premiership," said Shaw.

And the Daily Mail claims that Shaw has been as good as his word - stunning Blades boss Neil Warnock by turning down his bid for the striker.

Warnock thought he would suceed in landing the highly-rated striker, who joined Preston from Bury in January 2005, after persuading the board at Bramall Lane to sanction the big-money bid.

But Shaw has heeded the advice of Preston manager Paul Simpson, who is desperate to keep Nugent to spearhead his side's promotion push.

Shaw added on Wednesday: "We have 19 cup finals left, and David Nugent is not for sale.

"David Nugent has been tremendous for us, and I am sure he will play in the Premier League. But we want that to be with Preston North End.

"He will be a big player for us in these 19 cup finals, and we will assess the situation again after that."

North End are currently third in the Championship table having accrued 47 points from 27 league games.

Clicky

OH MY GOD!!!!

Anybody has the service station's phone number?

I agree with DDID. We could do a lot worse than Robbie Earnshaw.

Maybe, but I hope we can do a lot better too.

I know I'm repeating myself and what others have said too, but we must remember this is the January window. Top standard players will be very hard to get.

I think players like Alan Smith, Marlon Harewood and Robbie Earnshaw could do a decent job for us, and if nothing else add Premiership experience and more options. What I also like about these players is that they have good physical qualities, as we need more power in our team.

I know I'm repeating myself and what others have said too, but we must remember this is the January window. Top standard players will be very hard to get.

I think players like Alan Smith, Marlon Harewood and Robbie Earnshaw could do a decent job for us, and if nothing else add Premiership experience and more options. What I also like about these players is that they have good physical qualities, as we need more power in our team.

Nice to see someone living in the real world.

This was off Sky Rumours

"Lots of rumours in Romania about Steaua Bucharest striker Nicolae Dica being linked with a move to Aston Villa.

Petrica Popovici - Indianapolis"

"Sheffield United are on the trail of 'unwanted' Lee Hendrie (Aston Villa) and Simon Davies (Everton)."

But really...I cant see true ambition in signings like that?!?! It is once again second rated players and this is exactly what we have put up with under Gregory, Taylor and DOL...Ellis era...and now it look as we go for small boys yet again...and that will get us a small club. I was hoping for FAR BETTER than this!

Alan Smith is ok...but Harewood and Earnshaw is nowhere near good enough. We could play the youngsters instead and save a few bucks for one big buy! Please MON...dont buy players that fans will react "Ok..whatever" over...VILLA need signings that makes the club vibrate...that makes the fans go.."WOW!!! Love it!!"

Nice to see someone living in the real world.

Smith I agree on. I just don't want us to make half decent signings on a long term just to get bodies in. If we can get them on loan, yes, but not on a long term contract. I know it's harder to get good players now, but we can't sign half decent now and then aim for bigger names in the summer cause then we stand there and have to offload a lot of players in the summer after half a year. Get what I mean. In short term I guess earnshaw and Harewood could do a job for us, but not in the long term. therefore I don't want us to sign them for a longer term. We've got enough of those players already.