Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Who says Arsenal and Chelsea etc are after him? £10m? Thats laughable. A good solid player, enthusiastic, gets the odd goal, lots of potential and very young (18? 19?) but hardly worth £10m.

If thats what he's going for he can go elsewhere.

Walcot went cheap didnt he?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If O'Neil is going for a big striker in the transfer window i'd like to see us go for Rasiak from Southampton. Didn't really get a chance at Spurs but i think he'd have something to offer in the Prem and shouldn't cost more than £3 million.

And as we're raiding them Gareth Bale looks worth a look as well, a young left back they're already comparing to Wallcot in terms of abilty and who scored his first international goal at the weekend.

Who says Arsenal and Chelsea etc are after him? £10m? Thats laughable. A good solid player, enthusiastic, gets the odd goal, lots of potential and very young (18? 19?) but hardly worth £10m.

I dont really see how you can compare them. In any case, Arsenal paid stupid money for an unproven young player. He was/is highly regarded as potentially one of Europes future superstars (I think he's massively overrated) so I can understand the price being above the odds but I hardly think Micah Richards is similarly thought of.

If Micah Richards is worth £10m then Gabby is worth £30m.

If O'Neil is going for a big striker in the transfer window i'd like to see us go for Rasiak from Southampton. Didn't really get a chance at Spurs but i think he'd have something to offer in the Prem and shouldn't cost more than £3 million.

Jesus god know, he has tired and failed in the prem, he was so bad for spurs it was almost Titus Shambles like!

Hehe i think you have to take your C&B glasses off mate. Gabby is no doubt a talent, but who do you think most clubs would like? Gabby or Micah?

What you call a stupid amount of money, now that would be the going rate for young talented british players.

I dont really see how you can compare them. In any case, Arsenal paid stupid money for an unproven young player. He was/is highly regarded as potentially one of Europes future superstars (I think he's massively overrated) so I can understand the price being above the odds but I hardly think Micah Richards is similarly thought of.

If Micah Richards is worth £10m then Gabby is worth £30m.

re the bold bit Bosko and Savo ring any bells, the latter of course has been a success since leaving VP and was not too shabby whilst here....

Hehe i think you have to take your C&B glasses off mate. Gabby is no doubt a talent, but who do you think most clubs would like? Gabby or Micah?

What you call a stupid amount of money, now that would be the going rate for young talented british players.

Most clubs. No, all of them, would choose Gabby. Of that I have no doubt.

The going rate for a talented young British player is £10m is it? News to me. Only a handful of clubs have ever even spent so much on one player and if they did it was rarely a young, raw, unproven player like Richards.

Even Walcotts fee was something like £7m with everything else promised away in the future as bonuses.

mate no chance are we going to sign micah richards unless hes a villa fan, hes from birmingham so its possible but thats the obnly chance we would get.

Hes more proven than Agbonlahor, and has a lot more natural talent by the looks of things, if he carries on going how he is no doubt he will be a regular in the england team, would man city really sell him for under 5 million i doubt that very much unless they are in severe debt.

And ive heard chelsea linked with him, doubt any of the top 4 would want to miss out on his talent if he was affordable to teams who aren't in the top 6

Jesus god know, he has tired and failed in the prem, he was so bad for spurs it was almost Titus Shambles like!

Or worse. Rasiak is barely a footballer.

Well i disagree with you. Just like Ashton was sold on to West Ham for £ 7.25 Mill, we would have to bid in the same region for Micah, if not even more.

You may not like it, but thats how it is. If you refuse to pay the big sums so early; A) they become class, and you will have to pay even more, which means we wont get em, while Chelsea will B) they become shit, and you win by no risk taken.

Or worse. Rasiak is barely a footballer.

I'd say he was a decent enough lower-level striker. Certainly not a Premiership striker though.

from football rumours. it 'd be nice if we signed adu....

Aston villa will sign freddy adu in january as part of a sponsorship deal with the owners of the mls, also bale from southampton for 3million plus hendrie, milner from newcastle for 4million and henrik larsson for the rest of the season

Aston villa will sign freddy adu in january as part of a sponsorship deal with the owners of the mls, also bale from southampton for 3million plus hendrie, milner from newcastle for 4million and henrik larsson for the rest of the season

Bale for £3m, yeah good one. I know a certain French London club who just lost a leftback who would pay 4 times that for him. Milner is a no-brainer for anyone thinking up rumours & Larsson is bullsh*t. As for Adu - again it's someone putting 1+1 together and getting 24.5.

Why do people kep on suggesting luke young? He isn't as good as Aaron Hughes. Hes just another shit decision from Sven, like Paul Konchesky and Chris Powell. Also Kieran Richardson (another of Sven great decisions!) is utter wank!

I'd like to give Bouma a chance at left back, no need for another LB yet. We do need a right back though Hughes does a job but is mainly a great squad player not a first choice. I'd luv to see Dani Alves, though probably out of our league realistically.

Anatoliy Tymoschuk (God know show you spell his name) is ideal to compete with Mcann as midfield enforcer. He had a great world cup and wouldn't cost too much 5-6mil? Appiah is another option.

Scott Parker would be amazing, but Newcastle won't let him go.

Milner is obvious, just hope Newcastle don't screw us over again.

This Mcgeady kid looks pretty gud and I'm sure MON will know him well. Can play right or left as well I think, Though he maybe too lightweight for prem at mo.

Saviola and Klose would be amazing, Saviola can play out wide as well in 4-3-3 formation. Though Newcastle wanted Klose at start of season and nothing happened so I reckon he'd cost abit. We probably wont see another 'target man' coming in till end of season now anyway, with Sutton signing.

I think we should have a look at Klaas Jan Huntelaar instead of Klose though, he has filled van Nistelrooys boots up front for Holland and is scoring for fun for Ajax.

As for Adu, would be great though unlikely.

Probably won't be this lot but I think MON will spen 10-20 mil on 3 or 4 new faces in jan and I'm sure he'll get the best of them whoeva they are.

I'm sorry but this is probably the most stupid rumour I've ever read.