Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Hmm those people who keep asking to sign SWP. Do you want him to take the place of the one youngster to have recently broken through who to me looks destined for a very bright future - Gabi.

As there would be no other position for him in a 433.

442 with SWP on the right and JPA / Gabi up front - yes please but I cannot see it

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes please for Robbie Keane!

After his abject shocking excuse for a display against Cyprus on Saturday, I will spit on Robbie Keane if I ever see him, regardless if he's wearing Claret & Blue.

Sorry.. I'm still upset. :oops:

Agreed. Embarassing isn't the word.

Yes please for Robbie Keane!

After his abject shocking excuse for a display against Cyprus on Saturday, I will spit on Robbie Keane if I ever see him, regardless if he's wearing Claret & Blue.

Sorry.. I'm still upset. :oops:

Agreed. Embarassing isn't the word.

what was his excuse?!?!?!? :?:

Hmm those people who keep asking to sign SWP. Do you want him to take the place of the one youngster to have recently broken through who to me looks destined for a very bright future - Gabi.

I don't think you can look at it just like that - as a straight swap. Otherwise we'd hardly buy anyone based on how the regular starting 11 is playing at the moment.

SWP is proven quality, and, if available, would certainly make the team and squad stronger. Gabby is having agreat season so far, but is still young and got lots to learn. Both can play wide or central so no reason they couldn't play in the same team at all depending on who else is available etc.

Agreed. SWP is the sort of player we need. Gabby and SWP can play in the same team and cover the RW position between them, giving us lots of pace.

I still want to see us in for Micah Richards at right back, SWP for right or left wing, Darren Bent or Mirolsav Klose up front and perhaps Stephen Appiah as a defensive midfielder to give McCann competition.

Well MON is not ruling anything out! Interesting comments from him on the OS about Gabby and our need for replacements in the squad.

http://tinyurl.com/nnaqd

Gabby Re-Think

Gabby Agbonlahor's successful switch to the right-wing could prompt a re-think from Martin O'Neill when the January transfer-window opens.

The 19-year-old, who progressed through the Villa ranks as a centre forward, has impressed in a wide berth as O'Neill's men have made an unbeaten start to the season.

And, though August target James Milner is still an option, the Villa boss admits circumstances can change.

He commented: "It's interesting how things progress in the side. For instance, Gabby's having a wonderful time playing wide at this minute.

"I'm sure at some stage he'll want to go and play centre forward. I think he'll get an appreciation from playing there.

"But he's doing so well at this minute that the reason I think he's got a call-up to the under-21s is because of what he's done in that position, not because he's a centre forward playing wide.

"He might adjust to that and think 'I've got a chance here', so I'm trying to be flexible - I've got no set mind.

"I can obviously accept Juan Pablo Angel won't be playing out there, but I'm talking about the younger players who still have a degree of flexibility about their play.

"Gabby played out there in a 4-4-2 at Chelsea and without a problem at all. So I just don't know."

City are still massively in debt and he looks like one of their only saleable assets.

Perhaps a bid in the region of £3m? He's still raw and far from the finished product.

Micah Richards looks really good. Another one for the future. Any idea what City would want for him?

i rekon you would have to pay over the odds for him. he is a little bit more established than agbonlahor, but just think how much we would want for gabby in about four months time if he continues to impress. to be honest i cant see man city selling him to us, a big bid from chelsea however.......

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ You're joking fellas.

Rumours over the weekend of £10million and Arse, Liv, Chelski mentioned. That's us out of it and no harm. He is yet to prove he is worth anything like that price tag, good prospect or not.

man city would never sell micah richards for 3 million thats laughable tbh

we will not be able to get him, why would he join us when teams like chelsea would go after him if he was available

im suprised hes even being discussed

Who says Arsenal and Chelsea etc are after him? £10m? Thats laughable. A good solid player, enthusiastic, gets the odd goal, lots of potential and very young (18? 19?) but hardly worth £10m.

If thats what he's going for he can go elsewhere.