Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

A random and almost certainly fabricated link and people have got their razor blades out already.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Quote:

i will be very reluctant to give him a chance

How on earth can people say things like that?

quite easily, as i say i've feared this might happen for months now

hes not good enough for west ham and he isn't good enough for villa

im usually happy to give players a chance and hardly ever critisice players before they have been given a chance, but signing harewood would be truly awful

he misses to many chances, and considering we don't create enough chances that doesn't bode well

he is not premiership standard neither is zamora

is he good enough to play uefa cup football? No and thats where we aspire to be in the next few seasons

it would be a rip off if he cost anything more than 1 million

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't asking for reasons why you don't think he's a good player.

I was asking why (if he becomes a Villa player and surely worthy of your support for that reason alone) why you're not prepared to even "give him a chance"?

Harewood has apparently turned into a bit of a 'Billy big Bollox' after his one decent(ish) season in the prem, and is supposedly one of the main causes of unrest in the wet spam camp. This is all stuff I hear from spammers fans I know, and could/should be taken with a pinch of salt, but nevertheless I think O'Neill should be a bit wary of the bloke if these links to him are true.

as curbishley said a lot of these players think they are premiership standard but they need to do it for more than 1 year

harewoods failed to repeat after his suprise season, where 3 of his goals were against villa when we were horrific

lets hope roy keane snaps him up, or steve bruce

MON is the man who signed Collywobbles....

In fairness for the money they paid it was worth the risk. He could potentially have been the bargain of the decade for them with us losing out big time.

I'm sure O'Neill knew the risk he was taking with that and thought he had very little to lose.

Wow rumour mill is going strong already!! This is why i love the transfer window, always filled with anticipation and rumour after rumor! Great stuff!

Id love Barry Ferguson he could be a great addition, and all this Harewood bashing is uncalled for, he is a pretty decent player and of course deserves a chance if we sign him.

........... all this Harewood bashing is uncalled for, he is a pretty decent player and of course deserves a chance if we sign him.

Harewood is a battering ram type "stupid" footballer, prevalent at MON's last English club.

I do hope we aren't going to be the new Leicester.......

just thought i would point out

joe cole, michael carrick, glen johnson and jermaine deffoe, did we all considered them crap?, as they all played for west ham the season they got relegated, not sure if lampard played any part in that season but with those players all part of that team, they went down.

im no fan of the shrunken headed one, however as we are lacking firepower and players all over the field, a premiership forward, not at the end of their carreer would be a welcome boost.

i also agree though that why should we be the ones linked to him as west am want to sign bent? ok so bent played for curbs before, but why play in the championship next ear when you can play for the real claret and blue?

just thought i would point out

joe cole, michael carrick, glen johnson and jermaine deffoe, did we all considered them crap?

No, NEVER! Roeder on the onther hand yes. Not once have i considered any of those players crap and would love every single one at Villa!

joe cole, michael carrick, glen johnson and jermaine deffoe, did we all considered them crap?, as they all played for west ham the season they got relegated, not sure if lampard played any part in that season but with those players all part of that team, they went down.

I don't understand what this has to do with Harewood being shite?

I can't believe the Harewood bashing tonight, The man scored 18 goals for West Ham last year including 4 against us, 1 each against Manure and Chelski, And again he proved he could score against the big boys by scoring the winner against Arsenal this season and also set up Reo-cocker for the winner against Manure, I mean yes he's not the world class superstar we all hope will grace villa park but to write him off before he's even signed is harsh, I'm not sure if the deal will even happen but let's give Mon's signings a chance at least,

UtV

Well I suggested Harewood a couple of days back. Based on what MON has said experience of the premeirship - reasonable pace I think. I don't think he is a great player , I don't think he will get us many goals .....but I think MON wants a big man to lead the line ......and won't be worried if he doesn't score 20 goals. I think he is looking for a partnership whereby the nippy bloke is the poacher and the big bloke is the creator. I can see harewood in a brian deane role for us.

I support this an interim signing - then harewood would become a squad player (unless he surprises me and scores loads of goals) I don't know the fee mentioned , up to £3m would seem reasonable - and perhaps better value than crouch at £12m....

My reservations are:-

is he a londoner - if so - they rarley settle in the midlands

I hope we aren't signing him - because we can't afford anyone else ! (my worst fear)