Top Posters In This Topic

If we actually signed:

Maloney

Davies

Nugent

Bardsley

Beckham

Would people be too upset?

Nope wouldn't be upset and the nearer we get the Jan the it looks like they could be a possibility, apart from Beckham.

the only player im not too keen on is bobo balde, i would happily give him a fair chance if he came but the general celtic view from a forum i went on is that hes rubbish, and they can't wait to get his 30 grand a week off there books

As I've said before, he is a player I'm keen on and I think we'll sign him. I think his contract is up at the end of the season and he has been coming back from injury. He said a few months ago he wasn't interested in a move - like he could move anyway as the transfer window was shut - and he just wanted to get back to full fitness with Celtic. Maybe I'm wrong but I took this to mean he would be moving in the January window if the right offer came in, otherwise he would be off in the summer.

I like him because he makes me think of a nastier version of Ehiogu. He seems to have that loping speed and won't be bullied by anyone in the PL. If we could send out a back line comprising of a permutation of him, Mellberg, Laursen, Ridgewell and Cahill I can see that being pretty solid.

I liked Baldé a few years back at Celtic, always seemed to put in a good performance when I saw him, haven't seen him play for a couple of years now though so could have gone downhill a bit.

I liked Baldé a few years back at Celtic, always seemed to put in a good performance when I saw him, haven't seen him play for a couple of years now though so could have gone downhill a bit.

Paddy - the same was exactly said about Agathe and look how that ended up!!!

I don't think Balde is the right option IMO as he's at the wrong end of his career and probably hasn't played more than a handfull of testing games in Scotland - if MON wants back up at the back I suggest we buy another RB and allow Olly to return to the middle (+ buy Curtis Davies :winkold: )

Totally agree and I've seen little this season of him to further qualify my opinion. He may be a poor signing now but I think if MON signs him he will have watched him and know whether he is worth taking on. I do love the idea of a 6' 5" athlete-beast in our back line, though!

I don't think Balde is the right option IMO as he's at the wrong end of his career and probably hasn't played more than a handfull of testing games in Scotland - if MON wants back up at the back I suggest we buy another RB and allow Olly to return to the middle (+ buy Curtis Davies :winkold: )

Well Agathe never impressed me half as much as Balde.

Also just because one player ended up like that doesn't mean they all will. Who was keen on signing Sutton? Not me for one, but I hold my hands up and say I was wrong.

Also just because one player ended up like that doesn't mean they all will. Who was keen on signing Sutton? Not me for one, but I hold my hands up and say I was wrong.

That makes you one-in-a-million around here, mate. Fair play to ya.

Fair play Paddy - I respect your opinion and agree with the Sutton similarity... still personally think we can do better though