Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of teams saying their players aren't for sale now. Unsurprising considering its the run up to the January window. With Milner out the picture more or less, I think its might be worth bidding high for SWP and competing with Portsmouth and Wet Spam all the way. Let's be honest, he's the best available right winger in the UK. The only other option, if we want to bring in real quality, is to look abroad, but most foreign players are hit and miss. I only hope Ian Storey Moore has done his homework, so if we do sign foreign players, they adapt quickly to the Prem.

"And in any case why should James Milner want to leave Newcastle United?

Does he really want an answer to that?!

Just for that comment I REALLY hope he does leave them for us.

Likewise.

Maybe because we didnt treat him like shit for 18 months!

Have they? When was that, whilst he was at us? :?

Or how about a few months ago when they were happy to wash their hands of him and then suddenly at the last minute deciding they might actually need him in the sqaud while he was having a medical at Bodymoor.

It's is a big world out there with many excellent players, and we only seem to talk or beeing linked to the ones in the UK. Maybe this is because MON often buy players proven in this league, but I would be dissapointed and surprised if we only looked for players here. I think many of the players we are linked with are "boring" players (Smith, Upson etc) and would be much more excited to see MON find surprise quality signings from South America, France or f.ex Italy. Plenty of great players everywhere, why go after the 5-10 players most premiership teams are after because they play in england? Come on MON, find the new Viera and Yorke and get them cheap!

Funny how Jan looks like a tricky time to buy players :wink:

Wednesday: "Darius Vassell isn't for sale, he's an integral part of my plans"

Saturday: "Darius Vassell has been sold to Manchester City for a pittance and three buttons"

= don't believe the hype

Sit back and enjoy.....

Lets just get DISTAN from city, that will sort out defence for the time being, especially when Laursen returns as well. Then lets get a right winger (SWP would be fantastic) of some standard, call back hendrie and let him play left wing and let Barry play left back. And then throw some serious money at a striker.

Joey Bartons agent says he's staying at City.

Newcastle say we can't have Milner.

Tottenham say they won't sell Defoe or Keane.

Charlton say they can't let Bent go. (Although no-one believes them)

So who's for sale ?

The four that come to mind are SWP, Nugent, Davies and Smith.

Roll on January !

Alan Smith said he'd never go to Man Utd.

Real Madrid said they'd never sign David Beckham

Egghead said he wouldn't sack Pardew

Arsenal said Ashley Cole wasn't for sale

Chelsea said they didn't want Ashley Cole any more.

My dad said Santa doesn't exist.

The world's full of liars!

:)

If my dad said something like that I would never trust him again.

Countdown to January sales

Lucas Neill

Interested: Liverpool, Newcastle, Aston Villa

The Blackburn defender could be the bargain of the January sales.

Neill, 28, is out of contract next summer and wants to join a leading Premiership club.

And he could cost as little as £500,000 as Rovers attempt to recoup a fee for the want-away Australian.

Neill was the subject of a £2million bid from Liverpool last summer and Reds boss Rafa Benitez is ready to launch another bid.

The Blackburn star would jump at the chance of signing for the 2005 Champions League winners.

Lets just get DISTAN from city, that will sort out defence for the time being, especially when Laursen returns as well. Then lets get a right winger (SWP would be fantastic) of some standard, call back hendrie and let him play left wing and let Barry play left back. And then throw some serious money at a striker.

Sounds alright actually.

I dont know why MON bothers with all these scouts and wasting time on scouting missions when he could go just go home and play CM for hours. By the end of January he would know who to buy for the next 10 years.

:nod:

I dont know why MON bothers with all these scouts and wasting time on scouting missions when he could go just go home and play CM for hours. By the end of January he would know who to buy for the next 10 years.

smart-arse :lol:

seriously, any stats on this guy at all?

One thing I do know about Eastwood is that he lives on a caravan site, where he's lived all his life, and doesn't really want to move, so that sort of limits him to moving to London clubs (it's over in Essex somewhere).

From what I've seen of him he's ok, not amazing.

One thing I do know about Eastwood is that he lives on a caravan site, where he's lived all his life, and doesn't really want to move, so that sort of limits him to moving to London clubs (it's over in Essex somewhere).

From what I've seen of him he's ok, not amazing.

If he gets paid a premiership wage he could move the whole caravan site over to wherever.

:lol: