Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Bardsley is the guy who can't even get into Mna U's squad?

Remind me who their second choice RB is after Gary Neville?

Wes Brown?

I'm sure how anyone can rate or not rate Bardsley, considering he's a young player who has played barely a dozen first team games either for Man Utd or a couple of clubs on loan. He might be fantastic and just needs developing, or he might not be up to it at all.

I can't see how anyone can really judge one way or the other on him yet.

Is he the guy we were reported to be after in the summer?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any new signings need to be ones to make a statement of intent

In addition things have gone a little flat recently, we know it and the club knows it so a new signing needs to be one that re ignites the fan base

I'd like our team to resemble this in the not too distant future

Sorenson

Geremi Mellberg Laursen Bridge

Mccann

Petrov Barry

Bojinov Tuncay

Pazzini

Wishful thinking yes, impossible no! A team that would definatly be capable of champions league qualification but wouldn't cost the world

Bardsley is the guy who can't even get into Mna U's squad?

Remind me who their second choice RB is after Gary Neville?

Bardsley is their 2nd choice RB. Wes Brown can also play there so that is why Bardsley was allowed to leave on loan, so he can get some first team experiance. I do not think Ferguson will allow him to leave on a permanent, so perhaps another loan deal for him in January.

TBH, I am thinking more and more that Smith will be allowed to leave in January. Man U will be getting back Rossi and that Chinese bloke from Antwerp, both of whom Ferguson really rates, plus along with Rooney, Saha and Ole Gunner there is going to be a lot of competition for striker places and I think Smith will be the one to lose out.

Will he be coming here? Quite possibly...

O'Neill wants to strengthen Villa

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill says he is desperate to strengthen his squad in the January transfer window.

Stilian Petrov is O'Neill's only major signing since he took over, and the Villa boss said: "I've been worried since the start of the season.

"We haven't got a strong enough squad and, apart from Olof Mellberg and a few others, we have a very young side.

"They are showing a great willingness and ability but we need strengthening for every single reason under the sun."

After a bright start under O'Neill, Villa are on a run of six games without a win and now face a daunting festive programme in which they face Manchester United and Chelsea.

As well as signing Petrov, O'Neill has brought in free agents Chris Sutton and Didier Agathe, and signed Gabor Kiraly on loan.

He is now reported to be considering moves for highly rated West Brom skipper Curtis Davies and Manchester United defender Phil Bardsley, currently on loan at Rangers.

Clicky

Nope. Any new signings need to be ones that make us a better team.

The two are not incompatible

I didn't claim that they were. However, I'd be more than happy with three players who improve our first XI, even if they are not 'statement of intent' players.

MON's January Hopes

With just two weeks to go before the transfer-window opens, Martin O'Neill is still fine-tuning his plans, but today admitted: "I want to strengthen a number of positions."

Saturday's home defeat against Bolton saw Villa slip to ninth in the table and O'Neill concedes his squad is showing signs of strain as we approach the halfway stage in the season.

Owner Randy Lerner has made it clear he will back his manager in January and O'Neill reflected: "We're hoping to strengthen because we just don't have the squad to deal with the demands of the second half of the season.

"Us being ruled out of certain players are just newspaper stories. I have not made a formal offer for anyone to be perfectly honest. "I honestly don't know how much money I've got, but we're going to try to strengthen the squad.

"I want to strengthen a number of positions if we can. If it's possible, then we'll try to do it. It might not be possible, but if it's not then it will not be through lack of trying."

Clicky

i still think we will sign lassana diara on loan in january

he was going to QPR but he turned them down because he wants to play in the premiership

and bardsley's meant to be a future quality player but hes got a very bad attitude that fergie is fed up of, so he could be a good signing if MON can sort him out i guess

Just to clear it up it wasn't a direct atttack on anything sam wrote just a general comment about this thread and some of the posts.

sam said there we hadn't been linked to more right sided players...... what has being linked got to do with anything? It's all just lazy journo bullshit!

I will follow JCs advice in future and just not read it :)

In addition things have gone a little flat recently, we know it and the club knows it so a new signing needs to be one that re ignites the fan base

Could not agree more.

I'm nearing the point of needing something a little more than enthusiasm - however fickle that may sound.

Less than a fortnight to go, and I think we'll soon see managers and agents starting to get into the serious business of letting each other know they're about.

I think we'll see a definite change in the way people are linked over the next week or so.

Don't know if it's been mentioned but Varney has been linked with Preston today, surely they'd be signing him as a replacement for Nugent. Not that that means he'd be joining us, but that he'd be pretty damn likely to leave.

Ive started to fancy us signing Nugent. Seeing players like Ashton and Bent make it gives me the optimistic view of it.

Reminds me of the time we signed Guy Whittingham.... :roll:

that's the last time i remember us signing a forward from the championship (div 1), though i do have a shit memory!

He could be worth a punt though, as long as we don't pay silly money for him..